When it comes to incorporating color into your wardrobe, yellow might seem a little intimidating. It’s bold, it’s bright and it’s far from subtle. But with the cheerful shade being one of this season’s hottest hues, what better time than now to give it a try? If you’re scratching your head and wondering just how the heck to wear it without looking like Big Bird, check out these seven inspiring outfits that embrace the sunny hue in a totally flawless fashion.
1. @wearwild: You might not be ready to dive into a head-to-toe lemon-colored look, so start out with a few vibrant add-ons to dress up a palette of darker hues. We’re head-over-heels for those fresh, flashy shades.
2. @journeyintolavillelumiere: Muted tones layered under neutrals is the perfect way to introduce a little color to your outfit without going over the top.
3.@accessoryjane: This combo is the ultimate in warm-weather dressing. Top off your favorite blanc bottoms with a radiant yellow top, or perk up an airy A-line dress with a vivid cincher.
4. @zoemacaron: Instead of looking for a single statement piece, space out splashes of color from head to toe for a seriously eye-catching ensemble. Darker shades have a sophisticated vibe and act more like neutrals.
5. @rantiinreview: Pairing yellow with more color? Say what?! Yup — it’s totally doable. Follow Ranti’s lead and anchor the outfit with a light, neutral-colored top and accessories. Tailored separates will keep the getup feeling chic and modern.
6. @waitingonmartha: A playful print packs as much punch as a solid tint with the added benefit of introducing some major depth and drama to your look.
7. @palmbeachlately: For an easy, effortless look that requires few accessories to look stunning (and eliminates the “what do I wear with this?” question), a sunshine yellow dress is the way to go. Interesting textures or fabrics are a bonus, giving the look dimension.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.