You know exactly what you want? Sun. Short sleeves. And ice cream sandwiches. Lucky for you, we’ve got 25 drool-inducing ideas from a chocolate dipped peanut butter Oreo mocha sammie (yeah, that’s a mouthful) to a bacon ice cream sando — for real. Take a minute to indulge your eyes and plan your impending ice cream feast. Just a warning: Don’t read this when while you’re hungry!
2. Lemon Raspberry Swirl: Check these out, you guys! We’re swooning over these homemade little dandies. If you’ve ever made an ice cream sandwich that turned into a dripping mess, you’ll love the spread, freeze and cut method. Genius. (via Annie’s Eats)
4. Easy Oreo: Dinner party dessert menu got you stressin’? May we suggest these Oreo sammies. They’re totally easy and totally fun. Make up a bunch and store them in the freezer for emergencies. (via Bakerella)
5. Peanut Butter Fudge: It’s a question that deserves an answer: What makes an out-of-this-world ice cream sandwich? Not a cookie, but cake. Meet the cookie — er, sandwich, that’s really cake. And oh-so soft and chewy! (via The Sugar Hit)
11. Chocolate Dipped Homemade Peanut Butter Oreo Mocha: This treat’s anything but ordinary. Homemade Oreos envelop mocha ice cream and a creamy PB filling, then take a dunk in magic shell chocolate. What’s not to love? (via Half Baked Harvest)
13. Classic Ice Cream Sandwiches: Next up: a recipe for the classic ice cream sandwich. You know, the one you grew up eating. This homemade version will totally live up to your reminiscing expectations. (via Smitten Kitchen)
14. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: Here is one thing we want to do now that we’re all grown up: Eat an entire batch of these. Yep, that’s one of the good parts about being an adult. Eat cookie dough ice cream sandwiches to your heart’s content. (via Mel’s Kitchen Cafe)
15. Chocolate Dipped Coffee Ice Cream Glazed Donut Sandwiches: Donuts are always on our radar. Here’s a twist on the classic that makes them even better than usual. (via Bon Appetit)
17. Brown Sugar Bacon: As the saying goes, bacon makes everything better. Including ice cream. Give these little brown sugar and bacon encrusted squares a try and invite some hardcore bacon-lovin’ friends over for a bacon fest — err, ice cream social? (via I Am a Food Blog)
18. Nutella Frangelico: You knew we were gonna find a way to bring Nutella into this roundup somewhere. You won’t even be able to handle this level of Nutella deliciousness. (JK, you totally can!) (via Buttercream Blondie)
19. Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches: Pleeeeeease tell us that you’re as obsessed with macarons as we are! If you’ve been waiting to try your hand at these pretty little confections, this ice cream cookie perfectly delivers what many others are lacking — elegance. (via This Heart of Mine)
20. Chocolate Coffee: A simple-looking sweet packs some serious flavor. And caffeine. Get excited, coffee crazies (you’re among friends here). We’d be willing to give up our morning cup o’ joe for a taste of this coffeelisciousness. (via Heather Christo)
22. Raspberry Palmiers With Red Currant and Raspberry Swirl: Just staring at this photo is making our sweet tooth ache. A delectable combo of crisp buttery palmiers, tart raspberry and creamy ice cream will rock your world. (via Cannelle et Vanille)
Who can think of a more creative ice cream sammie than the ones featured here? Dish about your ice cream creations in the comments!