The Ghostbusters franchise is a pretty *BIG* deal. You’re probably counting down the hours until the all-female Ghostbusters reboot, right? Us too. If the July 15 release date isn’t coming up fast enough, celebrate your love for the supernatural comedy by throwing a Ghostbusters binge-watching party, complete with gooey Slimer-inspired snacks and plenty of Ghostbusters logos to go around. To make sure your party is as epic as the classic films, keep reading for 18 ideas to inspire your Ghostbusters viewing party!
1. Ghostbusters Sugar Cookies: No Ghostbusters party is complete without the classic logo and Slimer. Your guests will love chowing down on these perfectly crafted sugar cookies inspired by the movies. (via Elevate Everyday)
2. MarysPartyDesigns Ghostbuster Banner ($10): Spruce up your place with this fitting Ghostbusters-inspired banner. If you don’t have a bday to celebrate, you can customize the banner with your favorite line from the movies and choose between squares or bunting.
3. Ghostbusters Cake: Slime cake is a must-have if you’re throwing any kind of a Ghostbusters-related party. Bring a little bit of Slimer into your food with a generous amount of lime green jello. (via Garlic My Soul)
5. Ghostbusters I & II Giftset ($13): You and your #squad will want to binge the original Ghostbusters movies before the reboot. Snag this DVD gift for a hot deal on movies I and II.
6. Cryptozoic Entertainment Ghostbusters Board Game ($85): Entertain your guests before showtime with this board game. With classic lines from the films, cartoons and comics, they’ll be able to choose their favorite characters, including: Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Ecto-1, Galloping Ghouls, Gruesome Twosomes, Boogaloo Manifestations Idulnas, Slimmer and Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!
7. JC Penny Ghostbusters Graphic Tee ($20): As the host, you should dress appropriately to match your party’s theme. Do so with this shirt that is claimed to be “by far the best article of clothing to exist in this dimension.” Your friends will agree once you don this tee.
8. Oriental Trading Inflatable Slimer Costume ($63): If you *really* take the role of host or hostess seriously, then what better way to liven things up than with this Slimer costume? Thanks to its battery pack, you’ll stay inflated all party long.
9. Think Geek Stay Puft Marshmallow Face Mug ($15): This two-sided mug features the dual personalities of Marshmallow Man: the happy mascot and the paranormal monster. Once they get a good look at what you’re sipping from, your friends are sure to get a kick out of it!
10. Simply Trading America Ghostbusters Cupcake Toppers ($3): Don’t skimp out on the food decor. With these classic Ghostbusters logos, your cupcakes and cake will no doubt be on point with your party’s decorations.
11. NoteworthyCreative Party Invitation ($12): Before you can actually kick off the festivities, you’ll need to get your friends’ RSVPs. Set out to make the best impression with these Ghostbusters invites your friends won’t be able to turn down.
12. Marshmallow Straight Shooter ($22, pack of four): Load mini marshmallows into the shooter and blow them at your friends for an all-around great time. If you’re running short of time, no worries — Amazon Prime can have it shipped in one day!
13. Diamond Select Ghostbusters Pizza Cutter ($28): This pizza cutter is a no-brainer when it comes to serving up a slice for your guests. You’ll be bringing the festive decor down to the smallest of details, which totally deserves some recognition.
14. Sun-Staches Ghostbuster Shades ($20): Throw these stunners on for serious Ghostbusters-esque style. Maybe snag a few pairs, because your friends will want to try them on all night.
15. Diamond Select Toys Silicone Tray ($13): Give your drinks a festive twist with Ghostbusters logo-shaped ice cubes. The best part is you can reuse it to make frozen chocolate logos for dessert!
16. Walmart Light Up Slimer ($60): If you’re hosting the viewing party outdoors, make sure your backyard stays well-lit with this light-up Slimer on a cord. His greenish glow will help your friends see what’s happening on and off screen.
17. Oriental Trading Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Ghostbusters Costume ($57): Channel your favorite Ghostbusters character by jumping into this puffy Marshmallow Man costume. Bonus: You’ll already be set for Halloween!
18. Slime Juice: Whip up this refreshing lime punch using frozen limeade, Sprite and lime sherbet. To garnish, opt for gummy worms, plastic eyeballs and even dry ice for a *mystical* effect. (via Tablespoon)
Which of these fun + festive ideas will you use for your Ghostbusters viewing party? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative party ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.