Once the weather starts cooling down, it’s time to swap out your beloved rosé wine for a bottle of red and start planning a party that’ll welcome in fall… with a little help from your friends, of course. If you really want to make your fall get-together Instagram-perfect, check out these brilliant IKEA decor hacks. Whether you’re looking to throw a casual get-together or you’re interested in hosting a more formal affair with a perfectly styled bar cart, these colorful DIY projects will give your party a sophisticated air, without blowing your budget. Scroll down to check out these 20 party-ready IKEA hacks for your next party.
1. DIY Metallic Foil and Marble Coasters: Transform the plain PANNÅ coasters ($2, set of six) into something totally festive. Copper and gold foil accents make for a chic accompaniment to your signature cocktails. (via Bird’s Party)
2. DIY Fall-Inspired Bar Cart Decor: Spray paint an IKEA cart gold and then give it some seasonal styling to really get the fall vibes rolling. The lush greenery paired with copper details and a cheery message transform this cart with a festive yet sophisticated look. (via Swooned)
3. Wallpaper Garlands: The SLÅENDE gift wrap paper ($5, set of three) comes in a variety of pastel patterns and emerald green graphic prints that are perfect for making into garlands or flag pennants. Whether you hang it over a door, drape it over a mantel or showcase it over the table, these garlands need to be in your life. (via Livet Hemma)
4. DIY Abstract Brushstroke Tray: When you’re divvying out cocktails, serving appetizers or just looking for a colorful catchall that will instantly amp up your home decor, a colorful, patterned serving tray is the way to go. Dress up an IKEA tray with bold brushstrokes and get the party started. (via DIYs)
5. DIY Flower Lights: Jazz up several strands of IKEA’s RAMSTA string lights ($16) and turn them into a flower party garland. Top it off with some tassels and gold leafed beads. It’s so cute, you’ll want to keep these lights up all season long. (via The House That Lars Built)
6. DIY Hand Lettered Felt Pennant: Make a handful of cute felt pennants that guests can use in the photo booth or take home as a fun party favor. The black and white striped sticks are easy to make, or you can pick up the SALTIG decorative sticks ($2) instead. (via Oh Happy Day)
7. DIY Painted Cutting Boards: These color-dipped cutting boards are not only practical for serving your guests, but they also serve as a nice piece of decor to add to the tablescape. Dress up IKEA’s SKOGSTA chopping board ($12) with a quick coat of food-safe paint and you’re set for a season of killer cheese plates. (via My Fabuless Life)
8. DIY Decorative Paper Lanterns: These pretty light fixtures can be hacked in a jiffy. Cover the REGOLIT paper lantern ($5) with tissue paper circles for a charming, fluttery effect. (via Martha Stewart)
9. DIY Placemats: Technically these crazy-easy placemats could even last you until Thanksgiving. Use stencils to spell out a cheery greeting or your guests’ names on IKEA’s AVSKILD cork placemats ($4, set of four). (via A Bubbly Life)
10. DIY Fall Wreath: Embrace the fall color palette without any of that messy dried leaf business with this artificial flower wall hanging. IKEA has a great selection of faux flowers and plants, and you can spray paint a few of these SMYCKA artificial flowers ($6) to get your wreath the exact right color. (via Design Love Fest)
11. DIY Typography Bud Vase: Fall flowers have some of the best colors. Brighten up your table with these gold and color-dipped vases and bring a fresh, modern look to your autumnal decorations by adding typography to each of these CYLINDER vases ($15, set of three). (via A Kailo Chic Life)
12. DIY Color-Dipped Wood Utensils: These plain wooden RÖRT spoons ($2) are practically begging for a chic makeover. Work some DIY magic and apply fresh fall hues or simple geometric patterns to the handles. (via The Everygirl)
13. DIY Gold-Rimmed Glasses: These gold-rimmed glass are the ultimate in swanky fresh. Line the edge of FLIMRA glasses ($3) with food-safe gold foil and get ready to take your cocktail game to the next level. The best part? No drama if anyone accidentally drops one of these inexpensive glasses. (via Freckle and Fair)
14. DIY Personalized Dishes: As any good host knows, presentation is everything. Step up your party game tenfold with this easy hack — all you need are OFTAST bowls ($1), Sharpie pens and an addiction to pretty hand lettering. (via The Everygirl)
15. DIY Sheepskin Seat Covers: If you’re pressed for time but don’t want to sacrifice style, grab a few sheepskin cushions. With furry accents trending this fall, IKEA’s TEJN rug ($15) on each seat will instantly cozy up your dining room. (via Frk Hansen)
16. DIY Party Favors: Every good party needs a fun favor. Use the RIMFORSA containers ($17, set of four) as quirky party favors and fill them up with homemade granola, hot chocolate or glittery confetti. (via Paper and Stitch)
17. Basket Chandeliers: Get inspired by this floral “chandelier” but make it more “fall” with dahlias, sunflowers and other autumnal blooms. Use the new IKEA VIKTIGT bamboo basket ($25) as the base and hang the flowers underneath for a gorg piece of decor. You could even string battery powered string lights through the basket for extra mood lighting. (via Sugar & Cloth)
18. DIY Hand Painted Dishes: You can’t help but love the the price point of IKEA’s FÄRGRIK dishes ($2), but sometimes you just need some extra color on the table. Add florals, geometric shapes or personalized messages to all your dinner guests: The sky’s the limit when it comes to styling your own set of dishes. (via A Beautiful Mess)
19. DIY Color Blocked Candles: Brighten up your table setting with plenty of candlelight. Make your guests swoon with these colorfully dipped candles that take almost no time to make. Stock up on IKEA’s SINNLIG scented candles ($2) and dress them up with layers of tissue paper. (via The Crafted Life)
20. DIY Watercolor Polka Dot Napkins: Skip the plain ol’ paper napkins in favor of this DIY dye trick. Transform the simple GULLMAJ napkins ($6, set of two) into beautiful works of art in no time at all, and add a pretty gold edge for an extra special touch. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
Ready to find even more DIY decor ideas for your next shindig? Follow us on Pinterest to make your next party the best party.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.