New home, new season, new family member… whatever the reason, it’s time for a bedroom update. Instead of spending a small fortune for a more polished look, you can just head to IKEA or recycle the pieces you already have. That’s right, we’re bringing you IKEA hacks: bedroom edition. We’ve got gorgeous headboards, glam dressers and stylish nightstands to help you achieve the bedroom of your (affordable) decor dreams. Say goodbye to your drab, plain bedroom, and say hello to a shiny, colorful one, all thanks to our favorite Swedish furniture store.
1. Hand-Painted Pillows: This tutorial shows you how to DIY pillows, but we’re thinking you could just pick up a pile of white pillows from IKEA and spend the afternoon painting colorful patterns on them. (via Etsy)
4. Upholstered Bench: Turn a long TV stand into a gilded bench to put at the end of your bed. The lower shelf is great for storing pretty things and the upholstered top is a fun way to bring in another accent color or pattern. (via Dwellings by DeVore)
6. Nailhead Headboard: All you’ll need for this DIY are a few IKEA curtains to cover the headboard and some upholstery nails. Before you know it, you’ll have a colorful update for your kiddo’s room. (via Cuckoo 4 Design)
8. Custom Cork Board: Add some colorful wall decor to keep favorite photos, love notes and even jewelry right in sight. We’re thinking this would also be a great addition to any office. (via Oh Everything Handmade)
9. Moroccan Wedding Blanket: We are totally head over heals in love with this Moroccan wedding blanket. Sparkling and tassled, this DIY will take some time, but the effort is well worth it. (via Make Scout)
12. DIY Gilded Accordion Sconce: Looking for creative ways to add some lighting in a small space? Hack these pretty little lights with an IKEA accordion arm and a lampshade from Target. (via Francois et Moi)
13. Upholstered Headboard: Sometimes you just want a little bit of height behind your head while you’re reading or have a Netflix binge. Use a piece of shelving to add extra height to the Malm bed frame. (via Place of My Taste)
15. Gold Chevron Table: Add some personality to a plain white tabletop by laying out a design with tape and painting it gold or any other bright accent color you want to incorporate into your room. (via Dwell Beautiful)
18. Wire Basket Side Table: We are a little obsessed with this bright and sunny hack, but you could play around with different wood stains and colors to find the perfect combo that works with your decor. (via I Spy DIY)
21. Bar Cart Night Stand: A little unusual, but all three of the shelves on this bar cart offer some amazing bedside storage. For anything you don’t want visible, throw it in pretty boxes. (via The Every Girl)
25. IKEA Pouf Makeover: Looking to add some color and texture to your bedroom? Wrap the IKEA bamboo pouf in some serious swag. All you need is a pile of fabric scraps to twist together and wrap, wrap, wrap. (via Cherry and Mint)
29. Marble Credenza: Depending on your budget, you could either put a slab of marble on top of an IKEA dresser or just go with the marble contact paper option. Either way, the result is light, bright and quite expensive looking. (via Design Love Fest)
What bedroom DIYs have you been working on lately? Share your projects and hacks in the comments below!