Planning to throw your BFF’s 30th birthday bash or invite your future in-laws over for a dinner party this spring? Let us help update your DIY vault with a few ideas from everyone’s home decor bae, IKEA. Don’t worry — you don’t have to be a maker guru to bring these hacks to life. All you need is a little time and inspiration to discover your inner creative. Read on for the best hosting hacks using finds from the Swedish home store.
1. DIY Serving Utensils: Pick up a set of wooden spoons, non-toxic paint, and stencils (if you’re feeling fancy)— now you have a new set of utensils to serve your guests in style. (via The Everygirl)
2. DIY Gold and Marble Bar Cart: Flex your design skills and add a touch of glam and personality to your bar cart.
3. DIY Stamped Napkins: Say goodbye to boring white napkins this spring. Add personality to the blank canvas with paint and a few kitchen utensils. (via Momtastic)
4. DIY Tie-Dye Tablecloth: Any DIY-er knows presentation is everything when planning a get-together. Wow your party-goers with this eye-catching tablecloth. (via IKEA)
5. DIY Greenery Frames: Pick up faux greenery from your local craft store and use it to add a touch of elegance to white frames. (via Lonny)
6. DIY Trivet Tray: This beautiful DIY is sure to become a party staple. The tray’s neutral colors make it a great accessory for any occasion. (via Dream Green DIY)
7. DIY Hand Lettered Felt Flags: How cute are these felt flags?! Their vibrant color scheme and gorgeous lettering make them great photo booth props for your next shindig. (via Old Happy Day)
8. DIY Cupcake Stand: Still need a place to show off your yummy cupcakes? Look no further than this 60-second DIY. All you’ll need are a few IKEA coasters, wood napkin rings, paint, and a glue gun. (via Paper and Stitch)
9. DIY Centerpieces: Skip the floral centerpieces and try something new. Use root veggies to add a natural element of surprise to your tablescape. (via Domino)
10. DIY Metallic Dipped Candles: Who said metallics are just for the holidays? This effortless DIY will bring the sparkle to the party. (via Oleander + Palm)
11. DIY Tie-Dye Watercolor Napkins: Tie-dye napkins? Yes, please! Relive your middle school days with these radiant napkins. They’re sure to steal the show. (via I Spy DIY)
Ready to add a few new ideas to your DIY vault? Follow us on Pinterest.