We were all about IKEA’s take on a summertime Swedish tradition, the Crayfish Party (complete with a delish cheese pie recipe), and now the brand that is filling 2017 with rustic-chic minimalism at its finest wants to help you welcome spring with a drool-worthy Swedish Påskbord, as well as give us a yummy recipe for a salmon and avocado salad.
Celebrating the beginning of spring as well as Easter, IKEA wants you and your gang to join them for its annual Swedish Påskbord. According to IKEA’s Food Manager, Patricia Meumann, “Påskbord is an Easter tradition in Sweden that is celebrated with friends and family. We are very excited to invite everyone to join us in experiencing this special piece of our Swedish culture.”
In an all-you-can-eat Smörgåsbord buffet featuring traditional Swedish food, you’ll be able to indulge in Swedish meatballs, smoked salmon, assorted Swedish cheeses, and plenty of other savory dishes.
The IKEA Påskbord menu includes:
- assorted herring
- hard boiled eggs with mayo and shrimp
- marinated salmon with mustard sauce
- smoked salmon with horseradish sauce
- poached salmon
- assorted Swedish cheeses
- tossed green salad
- cucumber salad
- crisp bread, crisp rolls, soft bread and thin bread
- Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes or broiled potatoes with dill
- Jensson’s temptation
- Swedish ham
Desserts + Beverages
- assorted Swedish desserts and cookies
- fountain beverages and hot beverages
If your stomach is already growling, then you can nab tickets on IKEA’s website for $17 per person and $5 for kids 12 and under. If you happen to be an IKEA FAMILY member, you can get a bit of a deal, with tix costing $13 per person and $3 for kids 12 and under.
However, if you’d rather stay home and enjoy a Påskbord-ish dish, try out IKEA’s Salmon and Avocado Salad recipe.
- 500g LAX FILÉ Salmon Fillet
- 2 avocados
- approx. 5.25 ounces haricots verts
- mixed green salad
- 1 lime
- olive oil
- black pepper
- chili powder
- Bring 1 quart of lightly salted water to boil. Boil the haricots verts for 2 minutes, then keep under running water until cool.
- Heat a frying pan or grill pan.
- Season the defrosted salmon fillets with salt, black pepper, paprika, and chili.
- Grill each side of the salmon fillets for approx. 1 minute, high heat. Leave to cool.
- Turn the beans with the green salad in a bowl and add olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Squeeze half a lime in the bowl. Distribute the contents of the bowl on 4 plates and add pieces of the equivalent of half an avocado to each plate.
- Cut salmon fillets into smaller pieces and distribute on the salad on each plate and serve. Add an optional sauce, for example SÅS PEPPARROT horseradish sauce.
Do you like the sound of IKEA’s Påskbord? Will you try the Salmon and Avocado Salad recipe? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty, IKEA)