We all love a good YouTube workout (especially now that there are foam roller routines to ease those sore muscles), but some days you just want to whip up a delicious snack and binge watch videos where the only lift you’ll be doing is a bacon pastry twist into your mouth. No matter if you’re looking for cool science experiments, frank conversations about gender, or great comedy to laugh away your stressful workday, here are 11 #girlboss YouTube channels that you’ll *love* supporting.
1. Ash Hardell: Creator of the successful ABC’s of LGBT+ series and book, Ash (who changed her name from Ashley Mardell after her recent marriage) has a relaxed video style and honest commentary that are a welcome change from some of the more overproduced content on YouTube. With topics ranging from why she doesn’t shave her legs to frank discussions about growing up queer, her channel is just as educational (or relatable) as it is fun to watch.
2. Akilah Hughes: If you need a good laugh, you’ve come to the right place. Akilah Hughes, once an employee of MTV and Fusion, has a channel full of *hilarious* New York style sketch comedy and vlogs that will have you belly-laughing from the very beginning.
3. Ruba Zai: This popular YouTube channel is an amazing place to find all things beauty, fashion (bonus if you wear a hijab!), and good advice in general. If you’re stuck in a fashion and makeup rut, trust: Ruba’s vids are just the thing to pick ya right up.
4. Maya: “Transmermaid” Maya is one 21-year-old that you need to subscribe to. Her channel includes candid conversations about being transgender and hilarious story-time videos that you’ll *totally* relate to: It’s definitely one to watch.
5. ElloSteph: You may know Steph from her hilarious Buzzfeed videos, but now she’s left the media giant to focus on other ventures… including her awesome YouTube channel! Steph’s fresh takes on subjects like sexuality and being motherless on Mother’s Day make her a definite must-watch.
6. Sprinkle of Glitter: This badass UK momma is all about empowering women to live authentically. The wide range of content — including mommy vlogs, fashion, and beauty (she even has her own clothing line!) — will spark joy throughout your day.
7. Laci Green: Let’s be honest: We’ve all googled our fair share of questions that never got answered (or even brought up) in high-school health class. Laci Green’s online sex ed class aims to destigmatize and educate people about safe sex and sexual health, so it’s perfect for getting (and staying) informed.
8. Physics Girl: If you were just as inspired as we were by Hidden Figures, you have to check out Dianna Cowern’s cool-gal science channel ASAP. With DIY lightning experiments and space explosions, it’s the perfect way to learn something new on the daily.
9. IISuperwomanII: Get ready to laugh your butts off, folks! Featuring hilarious sketch comedy about families, work, beauty, friends, and everyday observations, Lilly Singh’s girlboss videos will surely brighten your day. (And in March, her new book will help you be a “bawse” too.)
10. Michelle Phan: As she grows her once-small YouTube channel into a mega-successful beauty empire, Michelle Phan is the living epitome of #girlboss. Plus, her makeup tutorial videos are #GOALS.
11. RayaWasHere: Raya Encheva is seriously dedicated to exploring the world (along with her boyfriend Louis): We’re talking 41 trips in 2016 alone! She shares her adventures on this breathtaking vlog, so you can vacation around the globe without having to pack a bag or quit your day job.
Which YouTubers do you watch on the reg? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)