As the weather starts to warm up, it’s time to give your lackluster winter beauty routine a major upgrade. While you may be in the market for a new summer beauty hack, it’s totally okay if you’re afraid to fully commit to a new look. With that in mind, we found the *perfect* solution to give life to your summer hair routine without having to spend hours at the salon. Peek-a-boo highlights check all the boxes! They won’t break the bank (so you can spend your extra cash on that summer slip dress you’ve been eyeing), and you won’t have to undergo a complete transformation. Need some inspo for this new summer ‘do? Check out how eight Instababes are wearing the subtle trend.
1. ’80s Glam: Give your Joan Jett-inspired locks an uplift by adding warmer tones throughout your ‘do. Paired with a leather jacket and fierce cat eye, this modern rocker look will be your go-to style for festival season.
2. Sunset Strands: Add intrigue to your tresses by enhancing them with subtle strawberry blonde accents. The randomly placed highlights add serious cool-girl vibes — perfect for a summer switch-up.
3. Blonde Spirals: Brighten up your dark tresses with accents of caramel and blonde. Pair with a summer berry lip and a healthy dose of bronzer for a flawless summer glow.
4. Ocean Enchantress: Embrace those mermaid hues with pops of purple and aqua throughout your mane. Bonus points for matching your beauty look with your under-the-sea tresses.
5. Subtle Lob: Hints of honey blonde add dimension to a no-fuss cut. This style is total perfection for thinner-haired beauties who want more body in their bob.
6. Tomboy Vibes: Sami’s blended highlights look so laid back and effortless. Top this easy-breezy look with a wide-brimmed hat to protect your locks from the summer heat.
7. Lighter Ends: Let your tips do all the talking by dip-dying them in a lighter hue. Rough it up with a bit of textured spray for a trendy, tousled look.
8. Subtle Ombre: If going full ombre is too much for you, just add a hint of color to your ends for an insta-ready variation on a classic trend.
Will you rock this beauty trend this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.