Fashion enthusiast or ride-or-die lazy girl through and through, there’s one thing we can all agree on: A stylish bag can instantly make even the most blasé getup look like a million bucks. And with the new season on the horizon, you’re going to need a new sac to team with that carefully curated fall wardrobe (stocked with plenty of It girl-approved shoes, of course). We’ve taken to social media, combing through some of the most buzz-worthy Insta accounts out there to bring you this season’s most sought-after bags. From star-studded clutches to classic silhouettes trimmed in haute hardware, scroll on for 10 chic sacs that will do your #OOTD game proud.
Introducing the only bag you truly need this season to solidify your status as an It girl: the saddle bag. The classic sac has made a major comeback thanks to its perfect fusion of form and function and the current wave of throwback vibes currently permeating the fashion scene — and we’re pretty stoked about it.
1. Cuyana Suede and Smooth Leather Saddle Bag ($295): Prepare to swoon hard for the roomy crossbody bag that will put the rest of your closet’s carryalls to shame. The moody burgundy hue couldn’t be more on cue for fall, plus this style is straight-up luxe. Looking for an easy way to elevate your outfit? This stunner is it.
The time of the boxy bag has passed, and the future is looking, well, rather circular. Blame Mansur Gavriel, who has a way of churning out It bag after It bag after It bag (most of which are almost always out of stock — hello, waitlists), the latest of which is a prim-and-proper circle style that is downright dreamy. The rounded silhouette has become an Insta sensation, with every girl on the scene sporting some rendition of this out-of-the-box style.
2. Charles & Keith Round Crossbody ($69): If a $1,000 price tag is looking a little steep (because there’s that little thing called rent), this wallet-friendly version is the ultimate alternative. Ditch your trusty black satchel and take this forest green dream for a spin on your next after-hours rendezvous. The pint-sized silhouette boasts plenty of room for your late-night bag swag without weighing you down.
Classic quilted crossbody bags seem to be popping up everywhere as of late, but it was this new-age iteration of the timeless purse that really caught our attention. Right on time for BTS, the hands-free silhouette is just the thing to send your style ahead of the sartorial curve.
3. Zara Quilted Mini Backpack ($40): Add this petite purse to your list of essential denim stat. The quilted detail and chainlink straps balance out the bag’s otherwise laid-back vibe for a high-low look you can pull out for almost any occasion. Wear it now with a flirty sundress and platform kicks, then rock it in the new season with cropped flares, a longline knit and structured wool fedora.
If Insta is any indication, you’ll be seeing stars all season long. Send a serious case of the wardrobe blahs packin’ by adding a celestial clutch to your lineup, to be pulled out at a moment’s notice when everyday essentials and statement pieces start to read meh.
4. Nasty Gal Catch a Falling Star Vegan Leather Clutch ($58): Infusing an outfit with a bit of much-needed star power no longer requires maxing out your credit cards or dropping serious cash. Pop on a slip dress, velvet heels and a utility jacket, then grab this scene-stealer on your way out the door for a GNO getup that will straight-up slay.
Spikes and studs are still a thing, but the tough-as-nails aesthetic is taking a slightly more toned-down approach for fall, with grommet detailing providing just the right amount of edge to balance out ethereal skirts, billowy blouses and flowery maxi dresses.
5. Tory Burch Grommet T Crossbody ($350): A little hardware goes a long way. This streamlined style takes the whole less-is-more thing to the next level, with a sprinkling of gilded grommets putting a modern twist on a simple crossbody bag. Toss it on with a t-shirt dress, leather jacket and slip-on sneakers for an afternoon of errand running or a late-night gig.
Leather jackets and festival fringe aren’t the only way to channel your inner rock goddess for fall. Crossbody bags are hopping on board the festival-chic bandwagon, swapping out streamlined handles for guitar-inspired straps that will have you feeling ready to shred.
6. Marc Jacobs Small Snapshot Leather Crossbody Bag ($295): Even if the arts aren’t your calling, this petite sac that draws inspo from camera bags and guitar straps will make you feel like a bonafide artiste. Send the cool-girl vibes into overdrive by pairing it with Dr. Martens, asymmetric earrings and a color-block t-shirt frock.
Creating a new bag silhouette can almost feel like reinventing the wheel, so labels have taken to amped-up hardware to upgrade their signature designs. Bold buckles are one such detail, with mod circular fastenings and utility-inspired styles being particular faves.
7. Mango Chain Leather Bag ($100): Obsessed would be an understatement. Between the badass chainlink strap and statement buckle, this structured crossbody brings a lot to the table. For an off- or on-duty look that screams bohemian babe, toss it on with a floral midi dress, sleeveless blazer and suede lace-up boots.
Do like the Instababes do and let your accessories do all the talking. Pins and patches are prime time for making a subtle statement, but if going all out is what you’re after to give your getup a bit of extra edge, a clutch that gets straight to the point is exactly what you need.
8. Zara Text Crossbody Bag ($40): This text bubble crossbody says it all. Rack up the style points (and ward off any unwanted attention) when you’re hitting the streets or swaying to the beat with this snappy crossbody that’s straight-up #goals.
Suede satchels and saddle bags are blowing up the fashion scene like it ain’t no thang, but the mini bag is still alive and well, as evidenced by Italian It-girl Erika Boldrin. Shrunken-down satchels come out on top with their perfect blend of timeless elegance and cutting-edge vibes.
9. ZAC Zac Posen Eartha Iconic Top-Handle Mini ($295): On days when you’re short on time or just can’t even, call on this classy croco top-handle to instantly inject your lazy-girl style with a major dose of sophistication. Pair it with silky joggers, slip-on sneakers and a boyfriend blazer for a foolproof off-duty ensemble.
Whether you love ‘em or hate ‘em, the belt bag isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. While the verdict is still out on the iconic ‘80s and ‘90s-inspired “fanny pack,” the sleek, modern interpretations we’ve spotted on the streets and in the front row are definitely something to swoon over.
10. Madewell Lisbon O-Ring Saddlebag Pouch Belt ($78): Calling all throwback enthusiasts! This ‘70s-inspired belt bag has your name written all over it. Ditch the clutch on your next night out and own the after-hours scene by strapping this saddlebag pouch around a chic jumpsuit or metallic shift dress.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.