French-girl style has long been our obsession, but during Fashion Week (New York, London, Milan and Paris editions), there was another chic set that captured our attention — the hoards of fashionable femmes hailing from Italy’s sartorially sound streets. You can always count on the Italian crowd to cause a stir, with style heavy hitters like Anna Della Russo, Chiara Ferragni and Giovanna Engelbert arriving at the most talked-about shows — mobs of street style photographers in tow — in flawless ensembles that made our jaws drop. Here, we’ve pulled some of our favorite examples of Italian girl style from the last few weeks. Ready your Instas — you’re going to want to follow these stylish women stat.
1. Erika Boldrin at Paris Fashion Week: Erika Boldrin gets bonus points for striking the perfect balance of comfort and cool with a snuggly oversized sweater dress and knee-high boots. Modern chandelier earrings lent the look just enough glam factor to achieve an after-hours edge — essential for a swanky fashion soiree.
2. Elenora Carisi at Milan Fashion Week: Stuffy suiting? Not on Elenora Carisi’s watch. The founder of Jou Jou Villeroy and Grumble Creative proved that falling in line doesn’t have to mean playing it safe, with a mustard yellow suit that was straight-up goals. We’ll take three, thanks.
3. Candela Novembre at Milan Fashion Week: Checks on checks on checks. Candela Novembre did daytime shimmer like none other for Marni, layering a sequin-studded shift over a checked midi dress for a mismatched look that totally nailed it.
4. Chiara Ferragni at Paris Fashion Week: Lazy girls everywhere, take note. Say sayonara to standard GNO attire and adopt this laid-back look as your signature. Luxe satin and a daring neckline (which you could totally tone down with a lace-trimmed cami) read after-hours ready, especially when paired with classic ankle-strap heels.
5. Tamu McPherson at Paris Fashion Week: The Milan-based photographer started her career as an attorney in New York before she made waves on the street style scene. At Paris Fashion Week she channeled tropical vibes — so appropriate for the spring/summer shows — with a vibrant cropped jumpsuit styled alongside a dreamy blue velvet jacket with endless RN appeal.
6. Valentina Siragusa at Paris Fashion Week: Bella! To say Valentina Siragusa’s PFW getup was perfection would be an understatement. The style influencer did the mix-and-match thing like a bonafide boss, teaming a dramatic swan printed maxi dress with abstract ankle boots. She rounded out the look with statement cat-eyeglasses and an understated cross-body bag for the win.
7. Giovanna Engelbert at New York Fashion Week: Englebert’s neon pink ensemble became an instant Insta sensation, and it’s easy to see why. The editor’s playful pleated midi skirt exuded It-girl edge styled with a sassy graphic tee (that read Pink AF, no less) and bold floral embellished heels. Best believe we’ll be busting out this one on the regular.
8. Diletta Bonaiuti at Paris Fashion Week: You don’t have to peacock to pull off an impeccable FROW (that’s front row) look. Diletta Bonaiuti played her cards right, pairing everyday basics with a statement coat and bag to achieve a killer look.
9. Giorgia Tordini at Paris Fashion Week: Get it, girl. Creative director and co-founder of The Attico, Giorgia Tordini played it cool for Paris Fashion Week in tailored trousers, a printed blouse and longline jacket, proving that less really is more.
10. Gilda Ambrosio at Paris Fashion Week: Tordini’s business partner, Gilda Ambrosio, had her fair share of enviable looks over Fashion Month, culminating with this elegant Chanel look that we think both Coco and Karl would totally approve of.
11. Veronica Ferraro at New York Fashion Week: Ferraro opted for an athleisure ensemble for NYFW, donning bright green culottes, a graphic tee and a satin bomber jacket. Details like embellished stilettos and statement retro-inspired shades ushered the outfit into glamazon territory.
12. Eva Geraldine Fontanelli at Milan Fashion Week: Eva Fontanelli showcased her infamous tomgirl style during Milan Fashion Week, sporting a playful printed jumpsuit and oversized menswear blazer. Scoring extra points in the practicality department, the editor show-hopped in a set of pointed-toe flats that we need to track down asap.
13. Anna Della Russo at Milan Fashion Week: No list of Italian It-girl style would be complete without mention of Anna Della Russo. The queen of the street-style scene sported a relatively low-key look (albeit it being head-to-toe Dolce & Gabbana) of distressed skinny jeans, ankle-strap heels and a military-inspired jacket. Bonus points are definitely awarded for the teal highlights.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!