Labor Day has come and gone, *tear,* and though summer’s end isn’t officially for a few more weeks, that’s all she wrote for the legions of school-aged children who will be hitting the books once more as classes resume. While this fourth-grader’s level of back-to-school excitement was pretty difficult to match, celeb kids did their best, posing for pics, holding up signs and even giving themselves some DIY makeovers in the process. Check out our roundup below to see which celeb kids are all set for the new year!
1. Jessica Simpson: Jessica’s four-year-old daughter Maxwell gave herself a makeover ahead of the school season, taking a pair of scissors to her own hair. Jessica herself posted the evidence, writing, “Just in time for school… MOMMY IS NOT HAPPY.”
2. Vanessa Lachey: Vanessa and Nick’s four-year-old son Camden was off to pre-school this week, and the proud mommy posted this sweet snap from his first day. “Rock on pre-school! Love you, buddy!” she said.
3 Tiffani Thiessen: Tiffani’s daughter Harper Renn has two years on Camden: The six-year-old Tiffani mini-me was off to first grade this week.
4. Sarah Michelle Gellar: Also headed to first grade this year was Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr.’s daughter, Charlotte. “And just like that, she is off,” wrote SMG.
5. Lori Loughlin: Lori had an important message to share along with her back-to-school festivities: “My girls and I are so excited for a brand new school year!” she began. “Did you know that in Ethiopia, many children spend hours walking to bring water to their communities instead of attending school? I’m working with @emergenc and @charitywater on their continued campaign to bring clean, safe drinking water to communities in Ethiopia so kids have the opportunity to attend school. To help, like this picture! For every like I receive, Emergen-C will donate to charity: water. All of the proceeds will go directly to funding clean water projects in Ethiopia. Encourage your friends to do the same!” Done and done, Lori.
6. Leah Remini: Leah reminisced about the good old days, writing, “#TBT when our little girl smiled at the idea of going to school. ;) “
7. Tori Spelling: Tori got a bit nostalgic on this post of her two eldest school-bound children, writing, “Can’t believe my Monkey and Buggy are in 4th and 3rd grade…Time flies!”
Do you know a kid who welcomed the new school year by cutting their own hair? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)