Come on over to the dark side and embrace some moodiness in your bedroom this year with deep jewel tones like teal, navy blue, amethyst purple and emerald green. Sure, light and neutral bedrooms are calm and serene, but rich colors can make the room feel like a palace. Whether it’s jewel-toned walls or pops of color, these hues will take your oasis to the next level. If you’re ready to give your bedroom the royal treatment, here are 15 jewel-a-licious bedrooms done right.
5. Cool Tones: If orange and pink aren’t your thing, try teal and lavender accents to imbue a sense of peace and calm. With this muted jewel color scheme, there’s no risk of going overboard with prints and patterns. So go wild! (via House Beautiful)
8. Indian Theme: Accent dark walls with oriental fabrics and textures to create an exotic mood. The oranges and pinks found in most Indian fabrics are the perfect color palette for a blue bedroom. (via Apartment Therapy)
9. Teal and Ruby: Teal may not be your first thought when it comes to a master bedroom color, but this gorgeous, dark blue-green is the perfect shade for a vintage room. Complete the look with a tufted headboard, layered rugs and pops of ruby or coral. (via Lonny)
11. Moroccan Reading Nook: Everything about the colors in this space makes us want to curl up with a good book. Extra points for those of you who coordinate flowers with your room’s color palette. (via Dalliance Design)
13. White Chic: Instead of painting the walls, try a less permanent option and get a huge area rug and accent bedding. We are loving the rich red-magenta-orange color scheme going on in this oasis. (via Brides)
15. Bollywood Glam: Channel some Eastern vibes with a bold ruby red headboard and dark blue walls. Lavender pillows and lampshades add a lighter touch to this oh-so-vibrant bedroom. (via House Beautiful)
Do you prefer your bedroom light and bright or dark and moody? Talk to us in the comments below!