So long orange, because green is the new black now. And if you’re not wearing it on your nails, dipping your chips in it or hacking your favorite breakfast item with it, then you’re seriously missing out. Get your green on, from breakfast to dinner, with some fresh, leafy kale. We’ve rounded up 20 of the best kale recipes out there to help make your mealtime a little more green.
1. Sweet Potato Kale Pizza With Rosemary + Red Onion: As if using sweet potato on pizza didn’t excite us enough, this recipe also combines several of our other favorite flavors and some crispy green kale for a pop of color. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
6. Blueberry Peach Kale Smoothie: It may not look like a green smoothie, but we assure you that it’s just as healthy and scrumptious. Cool down on a hot day with this creamy blueberry, peach and kale smoothie. (via Snack Rules)
7. Sweet Potato, Kale and Sausage Bake With White Cheese Sauce: Anything with “bake” in the title is usually guaranteed to be cheesily awesome, and this recipe is no exception. This bake contains lots of vegetable goodness to make you feel a whole lot better about eating it. (via Pinch of Yum)
11. Kale Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza: Using kale as the base for a wonderfully rich pesto, this simple homemade pizza is a healthy option to choose instead of your usual pie delivery. (via Heather Christo)
12. Kale, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pasta: We’ve already declared our love for one-pot meals. This pasta dish is easy to put together and tastes just as good as any restaurant entree. (via Fork Knife Swoon)
14. Jerusalem Artichoke Gnocchi With Sautéed Kale: Proving how versatile kale is, this dish pairs it with a beautifully simple plate of artichoke gnocchi to just let the flavors shine. (via Brooklyn Supper)
15. Kale + Quinoa Salad With Dates, Almonds and Citrus Dressing: Offering a Middle Eastern twist on a summer salad, the kale and quinoa base in this recipe makes it a whole meal in itself. (via The Kitchn)
16. Kale and Feta Galette: Galettes are totally in this season, and this savory one features melted feta cheese and kale in a golden crust. “Yum” is the only word we can think of… (via Naturally Ella)
17. Caramelized Butternut, Crispy Kale and Fontina Pizza: Once again proving how awesome the leafy green is as a pizza topping, this pizza is like a burst of color on your plate. It combines sweet and savory flavors for a delicious midweek dinner. (via Half-Baked Harvest)
18. 30-Minute Sweet Potato and Kale Coconut Curry: We all love a good curry, but don’t always love the guilt associated with eating it. This dish is vegan, gluten-free and is bursting with vegetables to ease your conscience. (via Tasty Yummies)
19. Seared Scallops With Fettuccine and Kale: A restaurant-quality dish that is super simple to whip up at home, this pick combines soft and salty scallops with sautéed garlic kale. (via A Thought for Food)
20. “Cheezy” Broccoli + Kale Soup: A vegan take on your favorite bakery-style broccoli and cheese soup, this healthy but hearty bowl of goodness features broccoli, kale and almond milk. (via Blissful Basil)
How do you like to get your kale fix? Do you blitz it in your morning smoothie or smother it on your pizza? Tell us how you use this versatile veggie in the comments below.