The flamingo trend is a must-have this season. Vibrant, fresh and playful, these colorful animals have found their way onto everything from home decor to clothes to flamingo-themed parties. And since we’re all about tropical prints this summer, we are more than ready to embrace this pretty-in-pink bird and show you how to DIY a Kate Spade-inspired tote bag in less than 20 minutes.
Materials and Tools:
– Flamingo template
– tote bag
– pink felt
– black felt
– white felt
– super glue or fabric glue
– washable marker
1. Download, print and cut our flamingo template.
2. Start with the flamingo body. Trace the pattern outline on the felt using a washable marker or tailor’s chalk, then cut it out.
3. Repeat step two with the neck, face and beak of the flamingo.
5. Use the fabric glue to glue the body in place on the tote. Let it completely dry.
6. Now take the felt neck and glue it all along the handle. Let it dry, then glue the white face and black beak as well.
7. Wait until it’s dry and you’re good to go.
First, download our flamingo template. Then set the printer to multi-page mode and print the pattern. Now tape the pages in place, trace the pattern outline on the felt using a washable marker or tailor’s chalk and cut it out. You should end up with a pink body and neck, a white face and a black beak (as shown above).
Use the fabric glue to secure the flamingo body in place on the tote. Let it completely dry, repeat with the other pieces and you’re done! Pretty similar to the Kate Spade bag, but with a summery twist ;)
This bag is an essential piece to every summer pool party!
Gather all your goodies and head to the pool.
Are you into the tropical trend? Show us your flamingo-inspired projects by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!