The last time Kendall Jenner got creative with her hair, it resulted in the most-liked Instagram post ever. So this time, when she debuted fabric hair extensions at her recent Fendi runway show, we were ready! From her omg-worthy nipple piercing to countless sightings in this summer’s hottest swimsuit, the monokini, Kendall has secured her spot as one of fashion’s most influential young icons. The famously shy and introverted member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan has all but mastered the art of letting her fashion speak for itself. This time, the Internet was all abuzz with tips and tricks for rocking Jenner’s crafty locks. Scroll below for all the awesome ways to bring a little texture to your tresses courtesy of fashion-forward fabric.
1. The Faux Bow: Here’s Kendall Jenner modeling the look that launched a thousand Instagrams, with her hair curled and pulled back voluminously into a half-updo. We love how the chunky material adds volume to make this sweet style less saccharine.
2. Boho Braided Bun: We love everything about this messy bun, from the textured fabric to the randomly placed beads. How great is it that you can freestyle this updo and still give the impression that you spent hours at the salon? (via TheyAllHateUs)
3. Boho Wrap: The bohemian hair wrap is another super simple way to incorporate fabric into your hairstyle — this one in particular shows just how creative you can get. Wear it like a thick headband and let your hair fall naturally, or style it into a ponytail for a truly carefree look.
4. Head Scarf: This chic AF pic is proof that there is absolutely no reason to go sans head scarf in your everyday look. There are countless ways to tie it and style it. If you want a more refined look, opt for a monochromatic swatch, but feel free to go bold and beautiful with a printed variety.
5. Hair Wraps: If you remember hair wraps from your childhood, then this is the trend for you. These are the ultimate boho hair accessory, and you can even attach feathers or beads to complete the festival-ready look!
6. Fabric-Embellished Ponytail: Bella Thorne is destined to be a beauty industry goddess. This fun look practically reinvents the ponytail, with multi-colored fabrics of varying textures and lengths adding volume for days and giving Bella a style that is as playful as she is. (via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Thick Headband Updo: You can snag this high-fashion look by styling your hair into a curled, messy updo and securing everything in place with a chic satin headband. This couture-level look is perfect for your next GNO or black tie wedding.
8. Topknot Scarf: This stunning look involves securing your locks into a messy updo, but it would also work well with short hair. Opt for a colorful fabric to form the topknot to get a look that absolutely slays.
9. Ombre Side-Braid: This is festival style at its finest. A loose, matching headband gives these locks that little extra somethin’-somethin’. Plus, the ombre in that trendy shade of red is to die for.
10. Wrapped Topknot: This adorable look simply involves wrapping your ultra-trendy topknot with the cloth of your choosing. Pair this style with soft and sweet makeup and a set of next-level shoulder-dusting earrings.
11. Classic Bow: This simple yet elegant half-up hairstyle with soft waves is a total classic! Be sure to tease your roots to add a touch of volume for a slightly edgier take on this staple.
12. Fishtail Braid With Faux-Flowers: This wedding-worthy hairstyle consists of a fishtail braid decorated with delicate faux flowers for a completely romantic look. Work in lace or sheer tulle for an added layer of sentimental style.
13. Low Braided Ponytail: This chic look is super easy to recreate simply by styling your hair into a loose braid and then fixing it into a low ponytail with a ribbon. Keep it simple with a classic plait or take it up a notch with a summertime fishtail braid.
14. Fabric Braid: This gorgeous hairstyle couldn’t be easier. Just tie a scarf at the base of your braid and weave it into your tresses as you go. Voila!
Have your own take on the style? Follow us on Pinterest for more of the latest trends in beauty!