Everyone has those days when you look at the inside of your fridge and wonder if it’s easier to just throw the whole lot away and start from scratch. Since that’s not very practical, you may have to begrudgingly organize your refrigerator. In the process, you’re likely to find several ketchup bottles with only a few drops left. There are tons of ways you can hack the condiment (other than piling it on loaded fries, of course). Keep reading for 15 genius ways to transform the end of that ketchup into a meal fit for a kween.
2. Garlic Herb Roasted Shrimp With Homemade Cocktail Sauce: Once you make your own cocktail sauce, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing it this whole time. It only calls for two ingredients: ketchup and however much horseradish your little heart desires. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
3. Homemade Thousand Island Dressing: This versatile dressing can be slathered on your favorite burger or drizzled on a bed of greens for a satisfying lunch. Making it at home is cost-effective, and you’ll get to learn the secret to this special sauce ;) (via Kitchen Treaty)
4. Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken: You’re always looking for new recipes to spice up weeknight dinners. This sweet and spicy chicken gets extra points because you can use up your ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and those chipotle peppers you have lying around. (via The Recipe Critic)
5. Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf: It’s no secret that everything’s better when it’s stuffed with cheese — and that goes double for meatloaf. Add a tomato-based mixture on top and it might just rival your granny’s old-school recipe. (via Stay at Home Chef)
6. Easy Shrimp Pad Thai: It may not be totally traditional, but it’s not uncommon to include a teaspoon or two of ketchup in your Pad Thai. The taste is subtle, but it will take the dish to a whole other level. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza With Dill Pickle Aioli: Obviously, ketchup is a MUST for topping your burger. For this cheeseburger pizza, it’s used as a base in place of Italian pizza sauce. YUM. (via My Modern Cookery)
8. Ketchup Popcorn: Skeptical? Don’t be! The ketchup is mixed with melted butter before tossing with the popcorn, so everything is evenly and deliciously spread over the kernels. (via Ricardo Cuisine)
10. Shepherd’s Pie: Classic shepherd’s pie is a one-stop comfort food shop, and the ultimate way to clean out your freezer (see ya, frozen corn). If the kiddos are hesitant to try it, tell them there’s ketchup in it and they’ll be sold. (via Martha Stewart)
11. Sweet and Sour Skillet Stir-Fry With Tomatoes and Beef: Some of the best dishes are born from grocery desperation. Grab a glass of wine and whip up this easy stir-fry in 30 minutes or less. You’ll definitely be giving yourself a pat on the back when it’s done. (via Lefty Spoon)
13. Fall-Off-the-Bone Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs: Ketchup is a key ingredient in most barbecue sauces, and it’s SO simple to make your own. Try slathering the finished product on ribs and slow cooking ’em to perfection. (via Carlsbad Cravings)
14. Sweet Chilli-Pineapple Sauce: This sauce would be useful in any kitchen — toss breaded shrimp in it, spread it on sammies or use it in stir-fry. You can even make extra to gift to a friend. (via The Flavours of Kitchen)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun + unique recipe ideas.