If you want to dress like a Kardashian, have hair like a Kardashian, work out like a Kardashian, live in a super fab abode like a Kardashian or even organize like a Kardashian, we have you covered. But that’s not all you need to live like (or rock a bod like) one of the most famous fams on the planet. If you truly want to embody a Kardashian, you’ll need to eat like them too. That’s why you should definitely check out these 10 items that Khloé Kardashian’s nutritionist says you need to have in your kitchen.
Khloe just gave us the insider deets on her website, and she claims that there are 10 simple things that are always on her nutritionist’s grocery list.
1. Fresh Vegetables: This one is kind of obvious, but to be more specific, Khloé names “[g]ood, hardy vegetables like broccolini, asparagus, spinach and bell peppers” as the veggies she keeps on hand.
2. Fresh Fruit: This one is, again, pretty darn obvious. But hey, who doesn’t love some yummy fruit?!
3. Squeezable Fruit Packs: Don’t want to take an apple or a few grapes with you while you’re on the move? Khloé suggests squeezable fruit packs, saying they’re “a tasty alternative to fresh fruit if you’re on-the-go. They have an awesome shelf life and don’t rot or bruise like whole fruits.”
4. Cans of Albacore Tuna: Yep, canned tuna. Khloé explains, “This is the ideal emergency food for those ‘Oops I don’t have any meat to cook for dinner or lunch’ moments. You can use a can of tuna in salad or over veggies. It’s an ideal source of high quality, low-fat protein. Make sure to buy the cans that are in water not oil, and if you’re concerned about the sodium content, just rinse it in water before eating.”
5. Eggs: As for eggs, Khloé appreciates the wide range of ways you can prepare ‘em, including the fact that you can have eggs for a snack or for a full meal.
6. Tortilla Wraps: If you need a little starch with your meal, Khloé’s go-to is a handy tortilla. Can’t argue with that choice.
7. Olive Oil: When it comes to prepping or dressing, Khloé (or her nutritionist) opts for olive oil. “This is my first choice for low-heat cooking. Olive oil is always a great salad dressing choice combined with red wine vinegar, lemon and a bit of dijon mustard.”
8. Almonds or Almond Butter: Almonds are a great choice for an easy snack that packs a nutritional punch. Khloé is totally on board with these tiny treats.
9. Chicken and Fish: For the meaty part of your meals, Khloé suggests choosing boneless chicken and fatty fish. Examples? Try sea bass, salmon or black cod.
10. Glass Storage Containers: The final item on Khloé’s list isn’t food, but rather glass storage containers to store prepped meals or any leftovers.
What do you think of Khloé’s 10 must-have items? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(h/t Elite Daily; photos via Getty, Dole)