From putting up the tent to making s’mores at the end of a long day, camping is a great experience and can create some unforgettable memories. Things get a bit tricker when there are kiddos involved. Did you pack enough stuff to keep them entertained? Safe? Clean? While it can seem like a daunting task to pack for a family camping trip, we’ve scoured the Internet and compiled your 14 must-haves for roughing it with kids in tow.
1. Kidnoculars ($11): Let your kid take a closer look around with their own pair of binoculars specially designed with an enlarged eyepiece for easy viewing.
2. Sleeping Bag ($99): Sleeping under the stars can be scary for a first-timer, but having a cool sleeping bag can help make bedtime something to look forward to.
4. Washi Tape Walking Stick: Your little camper will hike with pride with their DIY walking stick in hand. Let them pick out which tapes they like and help wrap it for a fun afternoon activity. (via One Charming Party)
5. Camping Play Set ($40): Give your little nature scout their own set of survival tools so they won’t be tempted to touch the real things.
10. Portable Highchair ($60): Not only will this be a lifesaver during a weekend in the woods, but it will also come in handy for all the backyard barbecues this summer.
11. Portable Cot ($70): These cots are lightweight and can support a child up to 100lbs. Just think of them as an investment since you’ll have ’em for years (and generations) to come.
12. Scavenger Hunt ($8): Put together a fun scavenger hunt and let the kids explore the area. If you’re camping with a crowd, break the kids off into teams and bring a small prize for the winners.
13. Underwater Aquascope ($36): Camping somewhere near the water can add a whole new element of excitement. Now you and your little one can observe the underwater critters without getting wet.
What will you pack the next time you bring the kids to the campground? Let us know in the comments!