You can’t say we didn’t warn you, but Father’s Day is this Sunday, and if you’re still scrambling to find something dad will actually want, check out these 15 quick and inexpensive DIY gifts that dad is sure to appreciate. Step away from that tie and honor your father for all the love and support he has given you throughout the years with a personalized handmade gift that he’ll be bragging to all of his friends about.
1. Pop Art Posters: Any hip and handy dad will enjoy this colorful pop art, featuring all the hand tools that he has in his toolbox. You don’t need any drawing skills for this either. You can directly trace the tools onto the paper, then personalize with little details to make the art seem more dimensional. (via Paper + Stitch)
2. Pre-Shave Oil: Here’s a super simple gift that he can use all the time! Made with grapeseed oil, pre-shave oil is a great natural alternative to shaving gel and will leave his skin silky smooth. (via A Merry Thought)
3. Etched Glass Cups: Even if your dad doesn’t drink, he can still enjoy a cold beverage out of his own personalized etched set of glasses. Find a favorite motto or greeting and after a bit of X-Acto work, you should be left with a manly gift that your dad will adore. (via Whimsey Box)
5. Grillmaster BBQ Apron: The total time to make this is only about an hour, yet he’ll be reaching for this sweet apron for years to come and remembering why you’re his favorite kid. (via Handmade In The Heartland)
6. Rustic Picture Frame: If you and Dad share a love of the outdoors, make this picture frame by gluing little twigs onto a standard frame and then slipping in a picture of that favorite camping trip you two still reminisce about. (via HGTV)
7. Recycled Leather Shelf: Grab a couple of thrifted belts and a couple of pieces of aged wood and you have the makings of an awesome shelf that your dad can hang up anywhere to display his favorite pictures of you. (via Design Sponge)
8. Nautical Knot Keychains: Put this keychain together with your key ring, personalized tags, some keys and maybe even a few themed charms or trinkets and this project comes together to make a unique gift for Dad. (via Ever Mine)
10. Reese’s Pieces: Love you to pieces, Reese’s pieces, that is. Of course, if your dad has a different favorite candy, change it up with another clever pun. Either way, this will be a gift he won’t be tucking in the back of his closet! (via Creatively Christy)
11. Pop-Up Card: Don’t sell out for one of those cliched commercial cards when you could make this “rad” card in less time than it takes to watch an episode of Orange Is The New Black! Grab some pens and paper and have fun making dad feel extra special. (via Oh Joy)
12. Necktie Cookies: We love the idea of these tie cookies, and we’re positive that dad will enjoy a box of necktie cookies more than he’ll enjoy that last-minute tie you’re considering! (via Best Friends For Frosting)
14. Leather Luggage Tags: For the briefcase carrying father or the dad who’s always traveling, give his luggage some class with these super easy-to-make, handmade leather luggage tags. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
15. Bar of Soap Printable: Yes, it’s too late to make handmade soap, but these wrappers are super cool and you can wrap them around any artisan soap for the dad who says he just wants something practical. Just print and wrap and you are done! (via Honestly)
Are you inspired to show dad your creative side? Let us know in the comments below!