Braids: They’re chic AF, keep you sweat-free and work with any face shape and almost every length of hair. But while braids are a go-to beauty solution for most occasions, sometimes you just need to switch things up. As if on cue, a new style is emerging just in time for fall: the lattice hair look. If you’re not familiar with this GOT-approved hairdo, don’t worry — we got you. The intricate style is made by weaving your hair in small sections over and under to create a beautifully mind-boggling pattern — think of your typical braid, but on steroids. Need some deets on all the ways you can trick out your tresses with this show-stopping trend? Here are nine lattice hairstyles you can get behind.
1. Ponytail: Long-haired ladies, this one’s for you. Rock this lattice ‘do to secure your long strands for your next pre-brunch Barre class to stun at the studio and over mimosas.
2. Waterfall: Don’t go chasing oh-so boring braids — opt for a waterfall lattice style instead. Take your mid-length hair game to new heights for a late-summer wedding or fancy date-night look.
3. Baby Braids: If baby braids are your thang, you’ll dig what’s going on in this pic. Lace your baby braids together over a loose French braid for an effect that will have ’em swooning. Complete the look with clear elastics for a seamless finish that’s hard to ignore.
4. Woven Hair: Whether you’re rockin’ Lisa Frank-inspired locks or an HR-approved hue, this woven hairstyle is anything but boring. Complete the look with a side braid and you’re good to go.
5. Triple Braid: Why rock one boring old braid when you can wear three that are delicately intertwined into a lattice pattern? Unless you’re seriously talented in the hair department, ask a friend for an extra hand to help create this swoon-worthy style.
6. Ladder Braids: What’s better than a single fishtail braid? A lattice style that ends in a fishtail paired with two mini braids, that’s what! Top it off with a lazy girl-approved bun for a statement-making ‘do that’s great for a GNO. Bonus points if you’ve fully embraced the rainbow trend and are looking for a new way to show it off.
7. Loopy Lattice Hair: If you’ve been searching for a look nobody’s ever seen, this is it. Loop your locks around a tiny crown braid for a striking, medieval twist on a modern look. You’re welcome.
8. Lattice Mohawk: This awe-inspiring look is what rainbow dreams are made of. Bring out your inner punk rocker with this mohawk-like braid, pulling out pieces from the bottom half of your braid for a more voluminous effect.
9. Low Pony: Go big or go home, right? Give your tresses some extra love with a quick tease to your ends and a lattice braid on top. This runway-ready, over-the-top style has business in the front and party in the back written all over it. Depending on what kind of business you’re in, that is.
Are you loving this lattice hairstyle ? Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo.