Everyone is obsessed with Starbucks’ famed pumpkin spice latte flavored recipes, so could Dunkin’ Coffee-flavored foods be the next trend? The mad (food) scientists at Dunkin’ Donuts and Kellogg’s have teamed up and might be onto something. They’re launching two *new* coffee-flavored Pop-Tarts this year — Chocolate Mocha and Vanilla Latte — and we’re on the edge of our seat with anticipation. After all, Dunkin’s seasonal drinks are AHH-mazing. Plus, Pop-Tarts Limited Edition flavors are waaaaay out there, ranging from all-out weird to totally tasty. Here are our faves, ranked from disconcerting to delicious — but where will the two new coffee flavors fall? Since those new Pop-Tarts and Dunkin’ Donuts flavors are going to have the morning coffee built right into every bite, they really might outrank them all.
10. Maple Bacon: While we’re all over the sweet ‘n’ salty trend and we love bacon, but can faux bacon bits in a toaster pastry translate? It’s the sheer novelty factor that makes us willing to give it a try.
9. Watermelon: Maybe there’s a reason that watermelon pastries and pies aren’t a thing. You’ve got to be skeptical of melon-flavored anything that’s surrounded by crust.
8. Wild Berry Bloom: Mixed berries sounds only nominally more tasty than watermelon. But because berry pastries really *are* a thing, we’re willing to give them a spin. If they’re at all similar to the yummy classic Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tarts, they’d be a win.
7. Caramel Apple: Could be the green frosting, but don’t these apples seem like they’d be weirdly tart? The sweetness of the caramel could pull it all together, though. There’s almost no food that’s not made better with caramel.
6. Chocolatey Strawberry: We’re going to put this combo in a category with Neapolitan ice cream. This is one where either of the two flavors seem like they’d taste better on their own.
5. Sugar Cookie: Everyone loves sugar cookies, and holiday decorations are always appealing. The only reason this limited flavor doesn’t rank higher is because the next flavors coming up are truly inspired.
4. Spookylicious: With chocolate crust and fudgy filling, this one is pure double-chocolatey delicious. The Halloween sprinkles make it simply irresistible.
3. Red Velvet: Who doesn’t adore red velvet anything and everything? With tasty cream cheese filling, this is just like having a red velvet cupcake for brekkie. No harm there, right?
2. Cinnamon Roll: This tastes just like everyone’s fave classic Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pop-Tart, but on steroids. There’s cinnamon-y goodness in every single bite. SCORE!
1. Pumpkin Pie: Thick with pumpkin-pie filling, real nutmeg, cinnamon and clove, this is as close to PSL-land as a toaster pastry can get. All you need now is a big mug of PSL to wash it all down with.
Follow us on Pinterest for more food trends and holiday cooking tips.
(Photo via Pop-Tarts)