Lindsay Lohan shocked everyone this week with what very much appears to be the announcement of her engagement to Russian hardware store heir-slash-real estate mogul Egor Tarabasov. But, hey: sometimes all it takes is six months to figure out if you should spend the rest of your life together. Congrats to LiLo!
Now that we’ve had a few days to soak in the news of Lindsay’s whirlwind engagement, it’s time to get down to brass tacks. Or, perhaps more accurately, emerald and diamond tacks. That’s right, it’s time to get another gander at that gigantic ring, and then find a few similar, probably more affordable, non-traditional emerald engagement rings.
1. RobMdesign Pear-Cut Emerald Ring With Diamond Halo ($849): Get Lindsay’s style on a regular person’s budget with this pear-shaped beauty. The deep green of this emerald pops when surrounded by delicate diamonds.
2. Studio 1040 Emerald Cabochon Diamond Scalloped Halo Engagement Ring ($1,662): This smooth oval emerald is complemented by scalloped edges, giving this ring a glam vintage feel.
3. RobMdesign Art Deco Pavé Diamond Wedding Ring ($1,250): This set (the looped band is actually a separate ring) is a slightly more ornate, traditional ring than Lindsay’s. It’s perfect for the gal who loves everything mid-century!
4. Rare Earth Diamond Halo Amethyst Ring ($1,290): If you prefer a lighter shade of green than a typical emerald, this green amethyst is an ideal choice. You can choose between white, yellow, rose gold or palladium for the metal base of the ring, and, as a bonus, the diamonds surrounding the amethyst are conflict-free.
5. Minimal VS Emerald Engagement Ring ($2,308): Snag this one if you’re a dyed-in-the-wool minimalist who just can’t stop staring at Lindsay’s ring. It’s got the diamonds, the emerald and all the oomph while maintaining the sleek simplicity you crave.
What do you think of breaking with the traditional diamond engagement ring? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Lindsay Lohan/Instagram, Tristan Fewnings/Getty Images)