From The Jungle Book to Beauty and the Beast, we *love* that Disney is revamping all our childhood favorites with new live-action films. That’s why when they revealed that they’re planning on re-making The Lion King (and casting Donald Glover as the voice of Simba), let’s just say our fangirl heart may have exploded. To celebrate the new film, we’re putting together a sweet Lion King gift guide for every lady who just can’t wait to be king (or queen).
1. Hot Topic The Lion King Simba Face Backpack ($35): This old-school backpack practically screams “take me to Disneyland.” From Hot Topic’s adorable Lion King themed line, this sweet knapsack is definitely a winner. Bonus points if you act out the classic Pride Rock scene every time you pack your gear.
2. Tomorrows Artist Hand Painted Sunset Safari TOMS ($90): Whether you’re chilling at home or heading to watch a Disney marathon with your besties, these stunning hand-painted sunset TOMS are a must.
3. MissMollyMonsterr Rafiki Hand Painted Wine Glass ($18): If you’re anything like us, snuggling down to watch the animated classic with a glass of white wine is the *definition* of a weekend well spent. Elizabeth Steinmann’s customizable Rafiki wine glass will add a touch of wisdom to your evening.
4. Hot Topic The Lion King Plus Size Simba Faces T-Shirt ($29): Rep your childhood crush on your tee with this super retro Simba print.
5. Whosits and Whatsits Pride Lands Tee ($25): This unisex tee is perfect for the gal who wants to show off her fandom. With a sweet design and chic retro vibe, it celebrates everything the light touches in a way that would make Mufasa proud.
6. Art Quality Disney Pumba Poster ($3): If you’re looking to add a touch of magic in your home, look no further. This super cheap and beautiful Pumba print will definitely inspire you to live your best life.
7. Alex and Ani The Lion King “Hakuna Matata” Bangle ($45): Disney fans *love* Alex and Ani bracelets, and it’s not hard to see why. This gorgeous Hakuna Matata bangle features an adorable charm from the movie and is made to “enlighten the mind and empower the spirit.” Plus, there’s even a hidden Mickey in there!
8. Etch Craft Lion King Simba Symbol Wood iPhone Case ($15+): If you’re looking to show off your fave Disney movie in a more subtle way, check out this sweet smartphone case featuring Rafiki’s infamous doodle. You can personalize your phone style and the wood type, so feel free to grab one for your entire Disney squad.
9. Home Decor Drawing Hakuna Matata Mug ($14): Seriously, we could all use a good problem-free philosophy. This adorable mug puts Timon and Simba’s famous mantra front and center so you can start your day off right.
10. Hot Topic The Lion King Hakuna Matata Faux Thigh High Tights ($10): Showcase this wonderful phrase with these super adorable thigh high tights that work with almost every outfit.
11. PonderingPaper Hakuna Matata Wood Sign ($12): If there’s anything that’s going to convince you to live worry free, it’s this. This handmade sign will broadcast your love of all things Lion King while still keeping your apartment classy AF.
Are you excited for the new live-action The Lion King? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Whosits and Whatsits)