We don’t know if it’s the warmer weather or the sight of tiny blooming flowers everywhere, but spring always makes us a little giddy. It’s the time to shed our heavy layers, clear out our winter wardrobe and start refreshing our home style as well. This year, we can’t think of a better way to do that than by incorporating some of the fresh new colors from Pantone’s spring color report. We’ve already spruced up our offices and added some much-needed color into our bedrooms, but what spring revamp would be complete without turning our design eye to the living room? Below, you’ll find 18 Pantone-approved living rooms that will look amazing in any home.
1. Tangerine Accents: A bold color like tangerine is great for small accents like pillowcases and side tables. They’ll add the perfect pop to a mostly neutral living space. (via Better Homes & Gardens)
5. Patterned Pillows: Imagine inviting friends over for a book club discussion in your living room with these fun, lavender-patterned pillows stacked on the couch. They’re so eye-catching that they might just take the attention away from the book you’re reading. (via Design Sponge)
8. Paisley Chair: Create a cozy reading nook with a plush blue paisley armchair like this one. Be sure to position it right next to your favorite paperbacks and a gilded reading lamp for the ultimate relaxation station. (via Domaine Home)
10. Fireplace Backsplash: An unexpected pop of pink on a backsplash will look great with a simple black and white fireplace. Bonus points if you stencil on a cool pattern or find a pretty pink decal for the space. (via Style Me Pretty)
15. Leather Ottoman: A living room that doubles as a family room needs a little sophistication too. We’re thinking this round leather ottoman would be the perfect addition to any space. (via Domaine Home)
17. Nature Background: Your favorite CDs, books and back issues of Vogue deserve more than just a boring wood bookcase. Make that area more interesting with some nature-inspired wallpaper. (via Domino)
18. Luxe Velvet: A green velvet couch atop a bold checkered floor will have you feeling like you’re lounging in a living room pulled straight out of Architectural Digest. Just don’t forget to add lots of plants for a finished look. (via Fresh Ideen)
What colors do you plan on using in your living room? Let us know in the comments below!