Forget eating organic — this week, celebs are eating homegrown, as The Hills besties Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth polish up their green thumbs alongside stars like Haylie Duff, who’s using her own herbs to get crafty in the kitchen. Also getting crafty this week? Ocean’s 11 remake star Anne Hathaway, who took her own scissors to a pair of shorts with a super post-baby positive message, Blake-Lively style. Read on to find our eight best celeb DIYs of the week!
1. Anne Hathaway: A post-baby Anne Hathaway gave up on the store-bought goods and made her own instead, adding this inspiring message along with her new cutoffs: “There is no shame in gaining weight during pregnancy (or ever). There is no shame if it takes longer than you think it will to lose the weight (if you want to lose it at all). There is no shame in finally breaking down and making your own jean shorts because last summer’s are just too dang short for this summer’s thighs. Bodies change. Bodies grow. Bodies shrink. It’s all love. (don’t let anyone tell you otherwise). Peace xx #noshame #lovewhatyouhavebeengiven.” PREACH.
2. Naomi Watts: Naomi Watts’s son made mommy breakfast… he just forgot to add the food. “When your kid makes breakfast for you,” she wrote. “#pbj #hotdog buns #eek #itsthethoughtthatcounts.” It certainly is, Naomi. It certainly is.
3. Freddie Prinze Jr.: Freddie Prinze Jr. whipped up a lovely meal of French Bistro Onion Soup for wife Sarah Michelle Gellar, saying, “#backtothekitchen Dinner for the wifey tonight.” Find his recipe in his cookbook, Back to the Kitchen: 75 Delicious, Real Recipes (& True Stories) from a Food-Obsessed Actor ($17).
5. Drew Barrymore: Drew also tried her hand in the kitchen on behalf of others: “So happy to have been able to work with @sprinklescupcakes and @unitedfriendsla this month supporting education for foster children! Thrilled that proceeds for the new strawberry shortcake cupcake will go toward this important cause…and also because they are incredibly delicious. Head to Sprinkles now and do something good for yourself and others at the same time! Truly a ‘guilt-free’ treat…treating yourself and helping others too.” If those taste as good as they look, we’re all over it!
6. Lo Bosworth: While Lo is regularly featured in our celeb DIY roundup for cooking, it looks like she’s taken up a *new* hobby this week — gardening. “I’m a plant lady now,” she says.
7. Lauren Conrad: Coincidentally (or maybe they took up the hobby together?) Lo’s bestie and former The Hills star Lauren also gets her inner gardener on this week, showing off her new tomatoes with pride. “I’m still working on my green thumb so I’m always so excited when my garden actually produces something! Picked all these today,” she brags. “Yum.”
8. Haylie Duff: Also on the gardening train is Haylie Duff, who’s using fresh herbs she grew herself to flavor some homemade butter. “Using up my garden’s best and making fresh herb-infused butter!” She says. Check out the steps today on @realgirlskitchen.” We’re so there!
Do you have a green thumb? Share your secrets with us over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Craig Barritt/Getty)