Temperatures are *finally* starting to rise, and that means that your weekends for the next few months will be filled with plenty of sunny BBQs and picnics featuring the summertime staple of potato salad. The only downside to the classic version is that the mayonnaise makes it susceptible to spoiling in the sun — BUMMER. The solution to this is to eliminate it and go for a mayo-free potato salad that you can gleefully enjoy without worry. To pick out your new favorite recipe, take a gander at the 13 no-mayo options below.
1. Southern-Style Potato Salad: Bacon is basically the answer to all of life’s conundrums. Pair it with caramelized onions, herbs, and spices for a simple Southern dish that also happens to be Paleo. (via Paleo Leap)
3. Italian Potato Salad: Take a note from the Italians and load up your potato salad with salami. If you’re feeling wild, you can even add in your favorite olives and pepperoncini for an extra bite. (via Bare Feet in the Kitchen)
4. Caprese Potato Salad: The classic Caprese combo of tomato, mozzarella, basil, and balsamic is a fresh summertime staple. To amp up the heartiness, add quartered boiled red potatoes to the mix. (via My Cape Cod Kitchen)
5. Cilantro Lime Potato Salad: If you like cilantro-lime rice, you’ll *love* this take on potato salad. Once you have the base done, you can add in ingredients like fresh corn, jalapeños, and bell peppers at your discretion. (via Julia’s Album)
6. Roasted Sweet Potato Salad: Newsflash — potato salad isn’t limited to white potatoes. Sweet potatoes work great in a Mexican-inspired version with black beans and a sweet honey-dijon vinaigrette. (via Averie Cooks)
7. Salt and Vinegar Potato Salad: When you still crave that creamy mayo-esque mouthfeel, opt for a vegan mayo instead. Since there’s no egg or dairy, it should be fine outside and will still give you that traditional quality. (via She Likes Food)
8. Avocado Potato Salad: Honestly, is there anything that avocado can’t do? Smash it with lime and garlic and toss it with tender cooled potatoes for a rich-tasting, healthy and quick potato salad. (via Natalie’s Food and Health)
10. Spiralized Potato Salad: To save a ton of time AND utilize a forgotten kitchen tool, spiralize your potatoes before boiling them. This will cut down the cooking time and make for a unique presentation. (via The Crunchy Chronicles)
11. Springtime Potato Salad With Lemon Tahini Dressing: Skip cutting up your potatoes and go for these bite-sized beauties when making potato salad. They’re perfect when tossed with a nutty and tangy lemon tahini dressing and garnished with fresh garden chives. (via Flavour and Savour)
12. Middle Eastern Spicy Potato Salad: This herb and spice-heavy batata harra (which translates to spicy potatoes) is a classic in Middle Eastern cuisine, and will soon be in your home as well. (via The Mediterranean Dish)
13. Pesto Roasted Potato Salad: Most people boil their potatoes before turning them into a salad, but you’re not most people. Try roasting the spuds to intensify their flavor and prep them for soaking up plenty of homemade pesto. (via Dishing Out Health)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy warm weather recipe ideas.