Meatless Monday is *super* exciting to plan for. You get to step outside of your culinary comfort zone and try things you might not have tried otherwise, like veggie stuffed peppers and hearty meatless chilis. Your options are endless, especially when you can give those meat-y family faves a vegetarian makeover. But because schedules are hectic and life gets in the way, there isn’t always room for creativity. This is when freezer meals come in handy, and these 14 make-ahead vegetarian eats will have you thanking yourself for weeks to come.
1. Creamy Spinach and Cheese Green Chile Enchiladas: A hankering for enchiladas doesn’t have to end with you forking over a bunch of cash for takeout. These babies are simple to make and freeze well too, so you can set your future self up for creamy and cheesy vegetarian goodness. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
2. Hearty White Bean Vegetable Soup: Sometimes, after a long day, we just want to come home to a steamy bowl of nourishing soup to warm our bellies. With a warm and buttery roll, this robust soup will certainly do you right and help you slide into comfort mode. (via Hello Glow)
3. Curried Roasted Eggplant With Smoked Cardamom and Coconut Milk: Eggplant certainly has a split audience; people love it or hate it. For those who hate it, it’s *probably* because they haven’t had it prepared properly, and we’re confident this stunning curry could change some minds. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
4. Make and Freeze Quinoa Chickpea Meatballs: Whether you want to throw them on top of a pile of spaghetti, stuff them into a hoagie with cheese or eat them on their own, these balls are where it’s at. The heartiness of the quinoa and chickpeas ensures you won’t be missing the meat. (via Oh My Veggies)
5. Curried Cauliflower Chickpea Wraps: Having the option to tote your meal around is clutch, especially during the week when you have evening commitments. These perfectly spiced, protein-packed wraps are a great way to hook yourself up when you’re on the go. (via The Muffin Myth)
6. Three Cheese Baked Ziti: Meatless Mondays don’t always have to include meat substitutes — try an indulgent dish that simply has no meat, like this ooey gooey baked ziti. You might want to make a double batch, because your family will be begging for more. (via Averie Cooks)
7. Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas: Nothing beats the feeling of digging into a dish that is as nourishing as it is comforting. These cheesy and filling eats are budget-friendly and easy to make in any quantity, so you can freeze a bunch for a rainy day. (via Well Plated)
8. Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup: A healthy and creamy vegan soup that’s also freezer friendly? We can get on board with that! This rich, pumpkin-y puree is GF and the perfect thing to warm you up on a chilly evening. (via Turnip the Oven)
9. Chipotle Pumpkin Veggie Burgers: This unique and flavor-filled crowd pleaser is a cinch to put together. On top of that, it freezes well, which is fantastic because after sinking your teeth into this gem, you’ll be craving more *very* soon. (via Peas and Crayons)
10. Naked Spinach Quinoa Lasagna Casserole: Lasagna is everything, but it’s also rich, filling and carb-loaded. This lightened-up, fuss-free twist gives you all of those crave-worthy flavors (and a healthy punch of protein) without weighing you down. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
11. Lemon Shallot Chickpea Casserole: This light yet filling veg casserole has everything going for it: It’s a one-dish meal, it’s tasty, it’s packed with protein and it’s freezer-friendly. What’s not to love? When you’re looking for easy peasy, this is as good as it gets. (via Bunsen Burner Bakery)
12. Ultimate Vegan Chili: Chili is one of the most beloved comfort foods out there — and for good reason! It’s packed with flavor, it’s hearty and it *seriously* warms the belly. Since it’s always ideal to make a big batch, a freezer-friendly chili is necessary, and this one has you covered. (via Love and Lentils)
13. Protein Power Beans and Greens Stuffed Shells: You certainly don’t need to eat meat in order to get a dose of protein, and these stuffed shells are delicious proof. Once you taste the delicious combo of beans, spinach, cheese and pesto, you’ll never want to stuff your shells with anything else. (via Natural Comfort Kitchen)
14. 30-Minute Quinoa Enchilada Skillet: If you’re looking for a mighty flavorful one-pot dish that you can freeze for the future, look no further. This nutritious and hassle-free enchilada skillet is it, and you’ll be craving it regularly. (via Jessica in the Kitchen)
Follow us on Pinterest for more #MeatlessMonday inspo.