Sorry, gentlemen, but we are roaming over to your side of the court. While there’s never a dull moment in the ladies’ department, it’s never a bad idea to check out what the offerings on the guys’ side. Winter might be the easiest time to test out this sartorial swap, with everything oversized, and tailored jackets are in no matter which department you shop in. Here, we’re laying out 13 pieces we’re itching to borrow from the boys. Scroll through — your (and your man’s) new fave winter layers might be ahead.
1. Forever 21 Herringbone-Patterned Coat ($65): Casual meets cool with this herringbone-patterned coat. Keep the rest of your outfit simple with muted colors and just add a bright colored beanie to bring some fun to the outfit.
2. H&M Patterned Sweater ($30): While these birds might have the blues, the flock itself is perfect to mix it with a patterned collared shirt and a bold, striking jacket.
3. Zara Peccary Biker Jacket ($300): If there is one thing you need to steal from the men’s department, it’s this biker jacket. It will definitely bring some much-needed attitude to any outfit with its numerous zippers and brown color.
4. H&M Wool-Blend Coat ($70): You really don’t need any other outerwear when you have a coat like this. Keep everything else slim to balance out this wide-collared coat.
5. Forever 21 Grid Print Shirt ($20): Is there anything better than a good grid print? It automatically brings structure to any outfit without being too over the top. Tuck it into a leather skirt or get an extra large in a men’s size to wear it as a dress.
6. COS Boiled Wool Cardigan ($135): There is nothing wrong with having too many comfortable cardigans, especially when it’s made from soft boiled wool. It’s easy to layer and has big enough pockets to hold everything you could ever want. Okay, almost everything. Wear it over a fun A-line dress with a Peter Pan collar to channel your inner Alexa Chung.
7. Gap Ribbed Beanie ($15): How rad is this beanie that will amplify your outfit with some much-needed color? Wear it with an oversized jacket and a pair of white tennis shoes.
8. J. Crew Brushed Twill Shirt in Douglas Plaid ($80-$85): Everyone could use a good plaid shirt in their closet. Tuck it into a pair of black skinnies and casually roll up the sleeves for a good ol’ tomboy feel.
9. COS Lambswool Jumper ($89): Consider this jumper your new BFF for the season. The color is rich and will look good on practically every skintone. Wear it with a pair of black pants and layer over a gray coat to help beat the cold in a stylish new way.
10. COS Speckled Wool Scarf ($45): This speckled wool scarf will keep you warm in all the right places. The styling options are endless with this accessory: Wear over a dress for a solo act or match it with a comfortable sweater for an easy night out.
12. COS Gradient Effect Jumper ($125): A little bit of ombré don’t hurt nobody, especially when the colors are this chic. Copy this dapper boy and layer it over a white-collared shirt + match it with a pair of white tennis shoes. You’ll be lookin’ fly in no time.
13. Zara Text Sweatshirt ($30): This Zara sweater has the writing on the wall. Or, well, on the sweater. Either way, this sweater needs to be in our closets now. Wear it over a pencil skirt to add some edge to a classic piece and wrap a plaid sweater around it, too!
What are some of your fave pieces from the boy’s section? Let us know in the comments below!