Once you’ve rocked mermaid hair, thrown a mermaid-inspired birthday party, and chowed down on a bowl of mermaid pasta, the only thing left to do is add a bit of that shimmery goodness to your home decor. We’ve gathered 27 totally seaworthy picks that will help you add the Ariel-approved Pinterest trend to every room in a snap. From pearlescent hues and soft pastels to bold, oil slick metallics, these finds will transform your abode into an underwater paradise. Check out Pinterest’s board for even more under-the-sea goodness.
1. Urban Outfitters Kinsley Iridescent Side Table ($129): This iridescent side table will fulfill your dreams of residing in a pearly shell. Its shimmer is subtle enough to blend with existing decor, but whimsical enough to give you an under-the-sea escape in your very own bedroom.
2. PBteen The Emily and Meritt Mermaid Throw ($89): Obvs, the only thing keeping you from going full-on mermaid is a tail. Well, not anymore! Nestle into the prettiest mermaid blanket yet for warmed toes and a flashy gold decor flair.
3. Anthropologie Gold Accent Mug ($26): Don’t the gold flecks remind you of the sparkling scales on a certain princess? Ariel might not drink coffee, but she’d def approve of the sipping style these mugs will bring to your morning.
4. Sea Gypsy California Mermaid Bottle Opener ($12): The onset of warmer weather means colorful spring cocktail parties are a must, so it’s time to get your home bar in tip-top shape. Ditch your basic bottle opener for these gems that are sure to inspire bubbly bliss!
5. Urban Outfitters Shell Sipper Cup ($11): This rosy pink shell cup is all your inner mermaid wants to slurp from. Fill it with an Ocean Breeze cocktail or a Blue Hawaiian and drift out to your ocean oasis.
6. Jane Mermaid Sequin Pillow Cover ($40): Last year the internet went crazy over this mermaid pillow, but let’s be real — those sequins are still trending hard. Try your hand at making your own version, or pick up this pretty blue and green number to add some glam to your throw pillow collection.
7. Anthropologie Fishing Hook ($18): Every mermaid needs to take a break from roaming the seas for a spa night in, but that doesn’t mean that the nautical theme can’t come too. Use these trendy hooks to hang your cozy robes and towels while you treat yourself to some bath bombs and bubbly.
8. Ban.do Glitter Bomb Water Bottle ($24): If guzzling water is not your favorite, this glitzy bottle might just enhance its appeal. And if that doesn’t do the trick, try one of these fruit-enhanced water recipes — either way, this baby will make the task so much cuter.
9. Nickel Designs Shop Mermaid Doormat ($39): Your guests should already know never to show up without an adventurous, mermaid mentality. This mat is just a gentle reminder that the only saltiness you’ll accept is from the sea.
10. HomArt Seashell Wall Vase Assortment ($232, set of six): Give your indoor garden a touch of marine life with these seashell-inspired planters. They mount right on the wall and don’t have any drainage, so we suggest staying on-theme with sea urchin-esque air plants.
11. Anthropologie Forager’s Knob ($12): Giving your nightstand these shell-inspired knobs will totes invoke fantasies of the ocean blue. The gold edge and pearlescent finish will give your space a chic touch, without sacrificing any Little Mermaid vibes.
12. Oh Joy! Iridescent Round Ottoman ($75): Put up your feet whenever you need a break from that maritime #princesslife. This iridescent ottoman is the perfect way to add a little extra magic to your living area without going too far into glitter territory (that is, if you believe there is such a thing).
13. DENY Designs Mermaid Scales Duvet Cover and Sham Set ($169+): You can’t be in the aquatic depths of your mind all the time, but a beautiful watercolor duvet will remind you that the waves will always have your heart.
14. Zara Home Coral Bookend ($50): Keep your fairy tales neatly organized with a set of trendy lucite and coral bookends.
15. Urban Outfitters Jupiter Candle ($24): If your decor is about darker hues, opt for this style of metallic clamshell shine. The best part is that it looks just as lovely whether it’s lit or chillin’ on your coffee table.
16. Drew Derose Designs Seaside Jewelry Dish ($14): The only thing that could make this coral jewelry dish more perfect is filling it with starfish earrings. It’ll make you the most organized trendsetter among all the mer-people.
17. Urban Outfitters Mermaid Shell Pool Float ($86): Okay, so maybe you can’t live in the sea, but that doesn’t mean you can’t float on it every day with this inflatable seashell. Paired with a mermaid swimsuit and a next-level fishtail braid, you’ll be the hautest mer-babe on the beach.
18. Rifle Paper Co. Vintage Mermaid Print ($24+): This gotta-get print features a more subdued take on the marine fantasy with aquatic shades of teal and gold foil accents.
19. Tom Dixon Materialism Oil Vase ($362): The brilliant purples, blues, and greens of this vase come together to create a striking display of the ocean’s colors. Fill it with eye-catching blooms, like spiky dahlias or oversized peonies, for a poppin’ springtime feel.
20. Anthropologie Ojai Fringed Wall Art ($68): Fish scale tile might be all the rage for your bathroom, but don’t stop there. Adorn your living room with this textured, boho wall hanging and satisfy your minimalist mermaid heart.
21. Zara Home Glass Jar With Coral Lid ($18): Got some bathroom accessories that need to be organized? This coral-topped glass jar will fabulously do the trick.
22. Pillowfort Mermaid Shower Curtain ($17): Give your bathroom even more cool factor with a quirky sea maiden shower curtain. Plus, the tropical color scheme will have you feeling like you’re on spring break all year long.
23. Jane Nautical Towel Hooks ($12): Metallics, colors, and mermaids in one amazing hanger? Yes, please! Your scarf collection can thank us later.
24. Society 6 Unicorn Tears Art Print by The Backwater Co ($17+): This print’s funky blend of colors will give your gallery wall a fab pop of color. The title might be “Unicorn Tears,” but that bright array of colors obvs makes us think of seashells and mermaid tails.
25. Room Essentials Iridescent Pencil Cup ($9): Even mermaids have to do human work every now and then. Dress your desk with this oil slick pencil cup and then try not to get distracted by the shiny reflection.
26. PBteen The Emily & Meritt Mermaid Scallop Pillow Cover ($40): No scales, no problem. Bring the ruffles to your sofa with this pretty scallop pillow cover that totally emulates those shiny scales we love, sans the fishy smell, of course.
27. Urban Outfitters 12-Piece Electroplated Flatware Set ($69): Heck yes, your dinner just got way more ‘grammable. With its iridescent finish and gold shimmer, this set of flatware will make every meal extra mer-magical.
“Sea” anything that inspires you? Follow us on Pinterest for even more mermaid inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.