Sequins are always appropriate in our style book (because #whynot), but layering on these sparkly embellishments isn’t the only way to get your shine on. Metallic yarn and iridescent fibers make for eye-catching pieces that pack all the allure and flashy appeal of their glam counterparts, but with a more subtle, modern edge. If you’re looking to jazz up your closet and turn some heads without going all out, these are the pieces you need in your closet STAT.
1. ASOS Mini Skirt in Leather Look ($54): Who needs sequins when you have rose metallic faux leather? This skirt deserves a spot in your night out and off-duty rotation. We’re digging it with understated separates like a rocker tee or a chunky knit.
2. J.Crew Lightweight Camp Shirt in Whisper Lamé ($88): Stiff button-downs be gone. This lightweight metallic number is about to change the way you do workwear. It goes with everything (win) and it’s gold lamé — what more could you want? This baby is a sartorial double whammy.
3. Topshop Metallic High Neck Tunic ($52): Whether you dress it up with a stylish midi or keep it casual with a laid-back pair of joggers, this shimmery blue number is sure to turn some heads. Our favorite part? It’s comfy and unfussy, but totally pulled together.
4. COS Metallic Cotton Dress ($62): We love a good double-duty piece, especially when it boasts a funky detail or two, like this number’s metallic green sheen. Layered over culottes and chic mules or worn on its own with high-top kicks, boring getups will be a thing of the past.
5. ASOS Metallic Lace Mini Shift Dress ($68): Ladylike lace gets a major glam edge with icy blue fabric and a playful silhouette. Sass it up with classic pumps or a pair of strappy platforms.
6. Zara Top With Crossover Back ($30): Retire that shimmery top for a slinky silver number with a flowy silhouette. For a hint of sophisticated style, pair it with tailored trousers and chunky heels.
7. ASOS Curve Bodycon Dress in Metallic Yarn ($31): Achieving glam status doesn’t have to mean donning uncomfortable duds. Metallic yarn makes this cozy knit bodycon a showstopper.
9. Bordeaux Shimmered Linen Tee ($68): The tried-and-true t-shirt is about to get a major makeover. Bright colors and sheen combine for a top that is anything but basic.
10. Story of Lola Festival Leather Look Mini Boxer Shorts ($54): There’s no such thing as too much rose gold, which is why we’re totally swooning over these statement-making bottoms. From lounging in the park to hitting the dance floor, you’ll never want to take these bad boys off.
11. Topshop Metallic Crinkle Top ($40): All out glam with a side of sass is what you’ll be dishing when you hit the streets in this shimmery high-neck top.
12. Glamorous Ecstatic Metallic Maxi Dress ($98): For those moments when you just need to embrace your inner disco queen, this is the dress you’ll want to be wearing.
13. Misha Nonoo Eva Top ($175): Boring, this relaxed top is not. That rose gold coating is packing some serious shine factor and sartorial punch.
14. Topshop Metallic Deep V-Neck Strappy Midi Dress ($125): Get your Studio ’54 on with an iridescent silver dress in a classic A-line silhouette. A little flashy and a whole lot of classy, it’s the perfect anytime frock.
15. ASOS Bodycon Dress With Metallic Finish ($54): One-and-done styles are one of our faves (hello, effortless!). With this multi-color number, you’re only seconds away from a killer ensemble — just add flatforms and a crossbody bag.
16. Club Monaco Bria Skirt ($199): Perforated detailing and a copper sheen are all you need to give a flouncy skater skirt a modern edge. Your 9-to-5 is where this piece will shine (literally) with a lightweight bow top or razor-sharp blazer.
17. J.Crew Washed Lamé Pull-On Pant ($98): Sleek lamé upgrades a simple pair of jogger pants to chic status, making them ideal for the office or just kickin’ it in style.
18. Topshop Foil Pleated Midi Skirt ($105): When you need a pick-me-up, a little sparkle is key. If you’re not keen on standing out, neutral hues are where it’s at. Understated tops will keep the look feeling sophisticated, while letting the piece really shine.
What’s your favorite way to get your shine on? Tell us in the comments!