Step aside, everyday berry lips — we’re looking to make a statement with our puckers this season. While there’s nothing wrong with a run-of-the-mill red pout, it’s time to take your lip game to a whole new level by way of a steely new look that’s blowing up our feeds: metallic lips. Though the most popular hue is a rocker-chic gray, Instababes have been rocking variations on the look in the form of bold colors and matte finishes. Pair it with your favorite band tee and, before you know it, your ’90s emo days are here again. Need some inspo for this edgy fall look? Here are 10 ways you can wear metallic lips.
1. Shine: Looking to add some shine to matte lips? Copy this concrete-hued mouth by swiping a dusty lipgloss on your bottom lip for textural contrast.
2. Pale Gray: Whoever said gray was boring *obviously* has never seen a pout like this. A pixie-banged unicorn bob never looked so RN.
3. Copper: Kick your look into high gear by switching out classic gray for a bold copper hue. Make sure to line your lips with a rust-colored pencil to keep this look neat and smudge-free.
4. Charcoal Gray: Go matchy-matchy with a gray lip and granny-chic grombré hair. Pair it with a sharp cat eye for a killer style that’s impossible to ignore.
5. Reflective: There’s no such thing as too much shimmer. Complement metallic lips with a strobing effect that will bring out your inner glamtastic glow.
6. Teal: Love color, but not feeling the traditional metallic hues? Get adventurous and sport teal lips. Hack this look by using the lipstick as a base, then applying a shimmery eye shadow with your middle finger to really make your pucker pop.
7. Blue: Still got mermaid fever in the dog days of summer? Satisfy your inner Disney princess by coloring your lips with a Ariel-approved hue. Add a pearly highlight to your cheeks and a sea-inspired shadow to pull the whole look together for one magical day at the beach.
8. Golden Bronze: We’re starting to think bronze is going to be the makeup color of fall 2016. Mimic this beauty blogger with an adventurous yet wearable shade perfect for the cooler season.
9. Blue: If you’re totally committed to this trend, go all out with a next-level metallic hue. Keep the rest of your look minimal and let your futuristic pout be the star of the show.
10. Ombre: Create this graduated effect with different shades of gray to give your lips a three-dimensional look. Dare to rock this look to a bachelorette party or a sultry date night with bae.
Need more beauty trends in your life? Follow us on Pinterest for more lip ideas!