It is time to declutter your life, at least according to 2015’s it-trend: minimalism. Geometric forms, clean lines and simple materials are stealing the show this season just about everywhere: home décor, movie posters and even tattoos. If you want to try your hand at the movement, we suggest starting with a small space like an office or study. To get you started, here are 14 desk accessories to satisfy your desk’s craving for simplicity and elegance.
1. Mint Tangerine Pencil Case ($65): Minimalist doesn’t have to mean plain — especially when you can have a beautiful pop of color! Stash all your supplies in this beauty for a well-organized and envy-inspiring desk life.
2. iPad Sleeve ($179): England-based company Minimalux creates beautiful, minimalist pieces designed to last. This iPad case is made from natural, vegetable tan leather with strong linen thread stitching and burnished edges. The leather ages naturally and develops a rich golden color over time.
3. Poppin Tape Dispenser ($12): Bold and geometric, this turquoise tape dispenser really pops, especially on a warm wood surface. Be quick though: This online exclusive might go fast!
4. Ystudio Mechanical Pencil ($99): Now in the holy-crap-how-could-a-pencil-cost-that-much-category, this sleek, well-designed modern pencil puts elegance in the palm of your hand (literally!). Designed for durability, it claims to be the perfect tool for architects and visual designers. Happy creating!
5. Craft Design Technology Scissors ($80): Whether you’re a righty or a lefty has no bearing on these elegantly designed shears. Made from stainless steel with a dangerously sharp blade, it can cut through just about anything.
6. To-Do Notepad ($10): Who said to-do lists had to be messy? This minimalist and super-organized set has a place for absolutely everything, including a “don’t forget” section for those must-dos!
7. YoY Light ($220): It doesn’t get much more minimalist than this new concept light (named Light, for obvious reasons). Instead of a bulky lampshade that collects dust, this new design cleverly displays bold white light in a lampshade-like projection. Welcome to the future.
8. Memorable Dimension Single-Photo Frame ($18): Let your pictures do all the talking. With this beautiful, yet minimally-designed frame, your memories are the real stars (outlined in gold, of course).
9. Classic Station ($30): Made from bamboo, this ultra-chic charging station and desk organizer is multi-tasking at its finest. Store your glasses, change, and stylus while charging the juice on your lifeline.
10. Mini Cork Planter ($25): It doesn’t matter if you’re missing a green thumb: Add a little flora to your desk with this hand-turned planter designed for everywoman plants like succulents and cacti (aka impossible to kill). Thanks to the nature of the material, each planter is completely unique and one-of-a-kind.
11. Stick-Up Weekly Calendar ($10): Need a convenient throw-away reminder of the week ahead? This sticky-note calendar is perfect for computer screens, notebooks and refrigerators.
12. Mixed Three-Pack Field Notes ($10): Adventure is out there! Whether you are out in the field or analyzing your findings at home, these three notebooks (one lined, one graph and one plain) will surely keep everything well-documented.
13. 3D Printed Charger Dock ($15, on sale): Printed with a 3D printer, this ultra-modern and compact phone charger is everything you ever wanted: powerful, practical and a great story. Gift it to a friend or keep it for yourself.
14. Cross Pointe Clock ($50): No numbers are required in this ultra-chic minimalist table clock. Because it is travel sized, it can fit just about anywhere. Jazz up your desk, take it on the road or both!
Which minimalist desk accessory is your favorite? We would love to know in the comments below!