In the world of fast food milkshakes, the Shamrock Shake has to be among the most famous. If you’re a fan of the frozen minty drink but don’t want to overindulge, a zesty smoothie might be the answer. Resist temptation but curb your craving with these 17 nourishing, minty smoothies that you can enjoy all year long.
5. Honeydew Melon, Cucumber and Mint Smoothie: Any drink that can make you feel like you’re at a spa needs to be on your daily menu. Pack this smoothie to work with you and let the instant relaxation drive you through. (via Style at Home)
6. Frosty Mint Smoothie With Chocolate: This year, McDonald’s is rolling out a new Shamrock Shake that has a chocolate layer. If that’s definitely something you’d order, try this smoothie before hopping in the drive-thru. (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
7. Apple Kiwi Pineapple Mint Smoothie: If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, then this smoothie should keep you set for a while. Just in the spearmint alone, you’ll find loads of vitamin A, beta-carotene, folates, and vitamin B-6. (via Kimberly Snyder)
8. Mango Mint Avocado Smoothie: Avocado is for so much more than spreading on toast. It adds a subtle flavor and creamy texture to this smoothie and allows the mint and mango to shine. (via Emilie Eats)
9. Mint Berry Smoothie: Get your daily dose of antioxidants and superfoods in a flash with this frothy berry drink. If you’re trying to offset the indulgence of a burger and fries, this is your girl. (via Chef Shima)
10. Mint Tea Infused Cherry Smoothie: The mint addition to your smoothie doesn’t have to come in the form of the fresh herb. This cherry smoothie is infused with subtle mint tea to keep the flavor light but the benefits high. (via Mid-Life Croissant)
12. Pineapple Mint Smoothie: If it weren’t for the absence of rum, this smoothie would basically be a blended mojito. On second thought, maybe make this after work and go ahead and add the liquor. YOLO. (via Natural Girl, Modern World)
13. Skinny Raspberry Mint Smoothie: If you’re trying to cut back on calories, try blending your smoothie with water instead of juice or milk. This recipe has a creamy Greek yogurt base so you don’t feel deprived whatsoever. (via Inside BruCrew Life)
14. Strawberry Mint Smoothie: If your dream milkshake is a cross between a Shamrock Shake and a strawberry shake, we’ve got you covered. This strawberry mint smoothie straight up tastes like a decadent dessert, except you don’t have to feel guilty about it. (via Home Cooking Memories)
15. Vanilla Mint Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie: The fact that this overnight smoothie has a whole serving of oatmeal in it is a dream for busy mornings. All you have to do is give it a quick blend and let the jolt of mint wake you up. (via Running With Spoons)
16. Vanilla Mint Green Smoothie: Nothing can brighten your day quite like a beautiful layered smoothie. Mask the taste of the spinach with vanilla bean and mint, and you’re well on your way to meeting your daily requirement of greens. (via 3 Boys Unprocessed)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.