We’re still obsessed with the cutouts and slits celebs have been rocking on the red carpet this year, but last night, we found a whole new stage for a slew of style pinspirations: The Miss Universe Pageant. ICYMI (seriously — did you not watch this?!), the three-hour long event featured women representing more than 100 countries, and while the show was full of eccentric, jaw-dropping national costumes (think: an international VS Fashion Show), the event also showcased some more accessible swoon-worthy outfits that could be perfect for ringing in the new year. Below, we curated some of our favorite looks from the event, so you can conquer your New Year’s Eve party in style.
1. Paulina Vega: Take a page from the former Miss Universe by trying a fabulous deployment of diagonal stripes that turn vertical on their way down to the hem, which elongates your silhouette.
2. Ariyana Miyamoto: In the mood for something fun and flirty? Try a sequined crop top and a matching skirt with a high waist to tastefully show a little skin. Top it off with some statement earrings for a truly stunning effect.
3. Flora Coquerel: Nothing silences a room quite like a lady in red. Especially if she’s sporting a thigh-high slit and strappy heels to show off her stems. Go sleek with a slicked-back ‘do to really set off your ensemble.
4. Arianda Gutierrez: Literally go for the gold like this pageant runner-up did! Add a Midas touch to your NYE ensemble with a gown that’s dripping in sequins. Go equally over the top with your accessories, like some bauble earrings, to really get into the festive spirit.
5. Pia Wurtzbach: Feeling dramatic? Take a page from the new Miss Universe by choosing a bold color, perhaps a royal blue, for a rich ensemble that’s a surefire head-turner. Top it off with a tight bun for a regal finish.
Have a favorite look you’d like to share? Make sure to tweet us @Britandco!
(Photos via Eric Miller/Getty)