Looking for a little DIY inspiration on this spring-y Saturday? Considering it’s National Scrapbooking Day today, we think it’s time to bring all those online photos and memories into the real world. While we’re all for pulling cherished memories down from the cloud and onto actual paper, we wanted to give you some updated inspiration that will bring your scrapbooking game into 2015. Here are five easy ways to put a modern spin on the old-school craft.
1. Use your Instagram Pics. Having all your memories totally accessible online is awesome, but it’s also nice to sometimes scroll through them IRL. Since you’re probably not developing snaps from your film camera anymore, print these out instead and incorporate them into collages. (Photo via The Paper Curator)
2. Throw in a bit of hand lettering. Because when does some fancy letter art not look good? Try this instead of using lettered stickers to create titles. Not a hand lettering expert? Snag our e-class and learn how to master the skill in just 90 minutes. (Photo via Brit + Co)
3. Add in Washi Tape. If you’ve been on Brit + Co for five minutes, you’ve probably already figured out just how much we love washi tape. Grab a bunch of different colors + patterns to frame photos or use it as a background accent. (Photo via Callaloo Soup)
4. Make your own book. Ditch the basic premade book and opt to make your own. This gives you the freedom to use lots of differents kinds of paper and make it into any shape you choose. (Photo via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Incorporate little mementos. Rather than tacking a floral sticker onto a page of you and your fam at a gorgeous garden outing, why not glue on an actual pressed and dried flower from the day instead? Include the ticket stub from your weekend at Coachella or maybe the invite from your BFF’s wedding. (Photo via Studio Calico)
What fun things do you like to add into your scrapbooks? Share with us in the comments below.