Some terribly sad news about George Michael leads this morning’s top news stories. Check that and more out below.
1. George Michael was found dead at his home on Christmas Day at only 53 years of age. His publicist said in a statement that he “passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period,” but that they would be giving no more comment at that time. His US publicist told People that the cause of death was heart failure. (Photo via Sean Gallup/Getty)
2. It wouldn’t be a Kardashian Christmas without some drama, some weirdness and some wonderfulness! It was an extravagant Christmas morning at Kris Jenner’s place, as the crew showed off their matching pajamas and new cars on Snapchat. It looked as if everyone — even Chyna and Tyga’s son King — got a stocking except Blac Chyna, and Kylie unleashed a ~sizzling~ short film with bf Tyga as her gift to the world. Meanwhile, on Christmas Eve, Kris’s annual Christmas party looked glam, with even Kim appearing in some Snapchats wearing a lip ring. Merry Kardashian Khristmas! (Photo via Kylie Jenner/Snapchat)
3. Prince George proudly eating a candy cane after Christmas Day church is all of us. Truly the reason of the season — CANDY. (Photo via Andrew Matthews – WPA Pool/Getty)
4. Kacey Musgraves got a Christmas proposal, and her ring is FABULOUS. Along with a beauty pic of her new sparkler, Kacey shared the sweetest story of how her beau Ruston Kelly proposed. “I didn’t say yes… I said HELL YESSSS!!” she starts. “Last night, the best man I’ve ever met got down on one knee in my little pink childhood home…in the same room I played with my ponies and barbies and asked me the easiest question I’ve ever been asked. ❤ I finally know what everyone means when they say ‘you just know.'” Congrats to the happy couple!
5. Have mercyyy: Fuller House has officially been renewed for season three! How could they not give us more eps after the way season two ended?! (No spoilers!) The show announced the new season on their social media with an adorable video of the gang passing around a prettily wrapped present to each other. No official date has been given, but it will be in 2017.
6. Quote of the day: “Carrie is in stable condition. If there is a change, we will share it.” Carrie Fisher’s mom Debbie Reynolds shares a bit of “no new is good news” news with people about her daughter, because we really all needed it.
Do you have any Boxing Day shopping plans? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Sean Gallup/Getty)