From a first look at Audrina’s baby to some Olympian social media romance drama, check out six of today’s top news items below!
1. We’ve been dying to get a glimpse of Audrina’s first daughter since she had her two months ago — after all, she slayed maternity style and beauty and has been giving us tiny glimpses of Kirra here and there. Last night, Audrina decided to share a few pics of Kirra’s first few months with her fans on her blog, and no shocker here — she’s adorable. “Kirra is the happiest, most beautiful baby with a constant smile and lots of goo-ing and gaa-ing!” Audrina wrote. “She loves giving Corey and I the biggest smiles, but I can’t wait until she giggles for the first time — right now she gives lots of expressions but no noise. She sleeps 6-7 hours a night (only waking up once or twice) and is pretty laid back (unless of course she’s hungry, has to burp, needs a diaper change, or gets restless!)” Check out the sweet baby pics right over here.
2. This is not a drill: Lifetime is making a Britney Spears biopic. Mere days before the release of Britney’s new album Glory, Lifetime has announced that the pop star’s “tumultuous true story” will become a TV movie, starring Natasha Bassett (Hail, Caesar!) as Brit, according to the Hollywood Reporter. We’ll be waiting with bated breath for this one.
3. Prince’s Paisley Park studio and home is becoming a museum. Prince had apparently been working on making Paisely Park open to the public for tours for some time, and later this year, according to the Associated Press, it will finally happen. “Only a few hundred people have had the rare opportunity to tour the estate during his lifetime,” his sister Tyka Nelson said in a statement. “Now, fans from around the world will be able to experience Prince’s world for the first time as we open the doors to this incredible place.” *Books plane ticket* (Photo via Scott Olson/Getty)
4. Usain Bolt’s gf has addressed his cheating the way every modern woman should — through Twitter likes. WE SEE YOU, KASI. Usain’s long-time gf has stayed quiet about the photos and videos of him with various women that surfaced through the duration of the Olympics, but as the Daily Mail points out, she’s been liking tweets that have been calling him out and defending her. Oh, modern love.
5. This cat is determined to use this hammock that is too small for him. Self-care is important, okay? Imgur user QueenofChances posted a series of Snapchat screenshots of her cat trying to use a cat post that turned out to be way too small for him. “I thought I was getting a great deal on a cat tree/hammock from groupon,” she writes. “Turns out its miniature…” NEVER GIVE UP, CAT.
6. Quote of the day: “I know how you feel. I still miss my mother every day — and it’s 20 years after she died. Time makes it easier.” Prince William, in a display of the same gift for comforting strangers that his mother Diana had, helps a 14-year-old boy who lost his mother last year.
What’s the best advice for dealing with grief that you’ve been given? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via @audrinapatridge)