Happy Halloween! From more weekend costume wins to a backhanded apology from Bieber, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. Leave it to Bey to totally crush Halloween. She recruited both Blue Ivy and her mom Tina Knowles to recreate Salt-N-Pepa’s iconic outfits from the “Push It” video, and they had every detail on lock. Let the slideshow play to see lots of shots. LOVE IT.
2. Katy Perry partied more than anyone this weekend, and we can’t believe we weren’t invited. As if totally winning Halloween with her bonkers Hillary Clinton costume wasn’t enough, Katy kept the costumes coming for her epic 32nd sock-hop themed birthday bash. Following along on her Instagram story gave us major fomo, showing live Elvis and Marilyn Monroe impersonators and a giant game of Twister (and, of course, her beau Orlando Bloom). It looked like a total ’50s time machine.
3. Justin Bieber tweeted and then deleted a sorta backhanded apology to his fans for storming off stage. Not so sure this will make things better, Biebs. “I don’t pretend to be perfect and I hope to God that, you know, I don’t say the right thing all the time because if that was the case then I’d be a robot, and I’m just, I’m not a robot,” he says in part of the looong and sorta rambling statement. “When people try to twist things and say, ‘Justin’s angry at his fans. He doesn’t want his fans to scream,’ that’s not at all what I was doing. All I was simply doing was wanting people to listen; to kind of hear me out a little bit.” We’re feeling pretty thinking-face-emoji over this one, Justin. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
4. This is Prince Harry’s supposed new GF. Meghan Markle is an actor on Suits, and while it’s been quietly rumored for a little while that they’re dating, eagle-eyed people are starting to point out that she’s been leaving clues in her Instagram. Namely, that Meghan and Harry seem to sport matching bracelets. As far as we’re concerned, this case is CLOSED.
5. If you find time moving slowly at work today, lose yourself in Google’s ADORABLE Halloween game doodle. It’s sort of like a black cat Harry Potter, with ghosts! Just go to Google.com, click play and enjoy! Too adorbs. (Image via Google)
6. Quote of the day: “Stop doubting yaself! How u gonna make anybody BELIEVE n your CAPABILITIES if u unsure yourself! GO 4 IT! gain CONFIDENCE they will c soon.” Missy Elliot is getting us pretty fired up this morning with some #MondayMotivation. We love you, Missy!
What’s your #MondayMotivation today? Ours is Halloween candy. Let us know over @BritandCo!