Heartbreak in Hollywood and Barack Obama’s return are some of the top news stories covered in today’s Morning Buzz. Check those and more out below!
1. Jesse Williams and Aryn Drake-Lee have reportedly filed for divorce and the Internet is just absolutely heartbroken. After almost five years of marriage, the pair’s split is reportedly amicable, but that didn’t do much to ease the hurt. Responses ranged from near speechless to refusal to believe rumors that he’s been seeing Minka Kelly. Either way, we wish Williams, Drake-Lee and all the heartbroken fans well. (h/t TMZ, photo via John Shearer/Getty)
2. Kim Kardashian live-tweeting Kourtney’s wild birthday bash is every sister getting (good hearted) revenge. Kourtney is celebrating her 38th with a group of her best girls in Mexico, and Kim is sitting innocently by documenting all the insanity on Twitter. “I’m gonna give u guys a play by play of the trip so far,” she started, before detailing Kourtney’s barfing, another friend’s twerk-based neck strain, blackouts and fights, skinny dipping and more. She also said Kourtney couldn’t stop doing naked cartwheels, but, “Oh and as for me you ask? …I’m just sitting here on the beach with my flawless body.” LOL. Read the full series of tweets on Kim’s TL.
3. Holy crap, Cara Delevingne is now completely bald. Just last week we saw her with a super-short pixie crop, and now photos have surfaced showing the actor with a fully buzzed bald head. The look is for a role, as Delevingne is in Toronto filming Life in a Year alongside Jaden Smith, in which she plays a young woman who is dying and living out her last year.
4. This girl used her boyfriend’s, erm, ~private parts~ as a beauty blender and broke the internet. “I think I started a new Instagram makeup trend,” 18-year-old Johnna Hines said after her boyfriend “helped” her blend her foundation, not have any idea just how many people would lose their minds over this. You can see the (obvs NSFW!) video over on her Twitter, but be warned — as funny as it is, it’s also very vivid. (h/t Buzzfeed, photo via Harry Kerr/Getty)
5. The State Department is under fire for promoting President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Florida resort. A blog post from the State Department claiming to “inform the public about where the president has been hosting world leaders” was criticized as unethical for “promoting the President’s private country club” and was removed to avoid “any misperception.” The White House has not commented on its involvement in the post or its removal. (h/t NYT, photo via Evan Agostini/Getty)
6. Quote of the day: “Worry less about what you want to be, and worry more about what you want to do… Some people may succeed in chasing that goal, but when they get there, they don’t know what to do with it.” Barack Obama made his return to the public eye with an informal speech at the University of Chicago and, naturally, came armed with lots of bits of wisdom and inspiration.
What did you think of Barack Obama’s first speech since leaving the White House? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via John Shearer/Getty)