Kanye West’s hospitalization leads this morning’s top news stories. Check that and more out below.
1. After a string of increasingly bizarre (and frustrating for fans) events, last night, Kanye West was checked into the hospital in Los Angeles for “his own health and safety.” TMZ reports that at around 1:20pm PST yesterday he was at his trainer’s home and was “acting erratically.” He was brought to the hospital for evaluation, and is reportedly suffering from severe sleep deprivation. This all comes just hours after Kanye cancelled the rest of his Pablo tour following a controversial last few shows. Please be well, Kanye.
2. Kim Kardashian cancelled her first planned public appearance since her robbery to be with Kanye. While the rest of the Kardashian women showed up and looked stunning doing so, Kim bailed on her appearance at NYC’s Angel Ball, where her late father, Robert Kardashian, was honored, so she could be with her husband. Page Six reports that Kim had learned about Kanye while en route to NYC, and upon landing, she headed straight back. (Photo via Eugene Gologursky/Getty)
3. Donald Trump has released a video message outlining his plans for his first 100 days in office. Trump continues to dodge the media since becoming President-Elect, choosing instead to release a video message in lieu of holding a press conference, as is standard. In the video, Trump reiterates his plan to “reform Washington and rebuild our middle class,” and says he’ll withdraw the US from the Trans-Pacific Partnership on his first day in office, come up with a plan to protect America from cyber attacks and put a five-year ban on lobbying into place, a promise that critics are saying he has already broken by filling his team with lobbyists.
4. The Rob and Chyna one-off baby special will be perfect holiday veg-out viewing. This is the do-over we’ve been looking for — ever since the finale of Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna’s show left us feeling a little less than warm and fuzzy, the pair have had their little girl Dream Renee, and while Chyna’s #MannequinChallenge during labor made it look like all fun and games, this trailer proves it to have been a little more emotional than that. Catch it on E! on December 18.
5. Adele arrived home from tour to this handmade sign from her son and WE’RE NOT CRYING, YOU’RE CRYING! After 107 shows in 10 months (“I bloody smashed it, even if I do say so myself”), Adele returned home from tour and was greeted with the sweetest sign with colorful painted hearts and handprints that says “Mummy you did it!” from her son Angelo. “You lot have been incredible, every night you’ve been so beautiful, loving and engaged,” Adele wrote to her fans, thanking them in the caption. “My band and my crew you made the whole thing turn. And my beautiful family made it easy for me to do. Big love x”
6. Quote of the day: “With fame comes opportunity, but it also includes responsibility — to advocate and share, to focus less on glass slippers and more on pushing through glass ceilings.” Meghan Markle pens an incredibly thoughtful and eye-opening essay for Elle on her humanitarian work and how to make a difference.
What do you think of Megan Markle’s humanitarian efforts? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty)