From Kanye’s deleted tweets to the Simpsons predicting the future (again), check out six of this morning’s top news items below.
1. Kanye West has removed his tweets defending his meeting with Donald Trump back in December, TMZ points out. At the time of the controversial meeting, Kanye said, “I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change.” Now, according to a source, he’s unhappy with Trump’s first few weeks in the White House and chose to remove his supportive tweets.
2. Kylie vs Kylie: Kylie Minogue has reportedly won a lawsuit to stop Kylie Jenner from trademarking their shared name. Jenner has been trying to trademark her first name since 2014, but Minogue’s team filed an opposition, saying it would “confuse audiences and dilute Minogue’s brand,” going on to criticize Jenner’s “photographic exhibitionism” on social media and refer to her as a “secondary reality television personality.” Can’t both Queen Kylie’s get along?! (h/t Page Six, photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
3. The Simpsons predicted Lady Gaga’s epic Super Bowl performance five years ago! Back in 2012, The Simpsons depicted an elaborate Lady Gaga show in an episode and the similarities are too funny. Gaga on wires over the crowd, the piano performance — it’s all a little uncanny. What are the odds Gaga was actually inspired by this ep (which she voiced) for her halftime show?
4. Katy Perry will be performing at the Grammys, and we’re pretttty sure this is gonna be the start of a comeback. Katy retweeted the announcement from the recording academy, while also sharing a new pic of her still rocking the blonde hair, writing “New life who dis.” All signs point to hearing a new song during the performance, and with any luck, news of a new album to follow.
5. Pink’s attitude toward losing weight post-baby is super inspiring. A little over a month after having her new baby, Pink has taken to Instagram to brag that “week 6 post baby and I haven’t lost ANY WEIGHT YET!!!!,” going on to joke “I’m normal!” Pink wrote the caption on a photo with her trainer, saying she is just now going to start easing back into her workouts, but either way we love that she isn’t letting external expectations get to her.
6. Quote of the day: “You are not what happened to you, you are what you chose to become after what happened to you.” Selena Gomez gives her first interview since her hiatus, sharing the mantra she goes back to when times are tough.
Do you have a mantra that gets you through hard times? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Drew Angerer/Getty)