Katy and Orlando are taking a break and Beyoncé’s Coachella replacement has been named in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below.
1. After dating for a little over a year and breaking the Internet with some nude vacation pics like any normal couple, Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom have decided to take a break. “Before rumors or falsifications get out of hand, we can confirm that Orlando and Katy are taking respectful, loving space at this time,” a statement to from both of their reps to People said. The pair were last spotted together as recently as Sunday night at an Oscars after party, and Bloom shared a cute pic posing with Perry’s pup just a day ago. Friends fans know what a “break” meant for Ross and Rachel — we hope Katy and Orlando don’t end up like that! (Photo via Jason Kempin/Getty)
2. Lady Gaga will replace Beyoncé at Coachella. A few weeks ago the announcement was made that, due to doctor’s orders involving her pregnancy, Bey would have to postpone her headlining spot at the massive desert music festival until 2018. But the Bey Hive’s loss is the Little Monsters’ gain, as Lady Gaga confirmed via social media that she would be taking over. “Let’s party in the desert!” Gaga wrote, and based on that epic Super Bowl performance, we can’t wait to see what she has in store for Coachella.
3. President Trump seemed uncharacteristically conventional in his first speech to Congress. Attempting to appear more uplifting than usual, President Trump’s State of the Union was a more toned down affair than his standard blustery appearances. “From now on, America will be empowered by our aspirations, not burdened by our fears, inspired by the future, not bound by failures of the past, and guided by a vision, not blinded by our doubts,” he said at one point, focusing on communicating positive and unifying messages throughout. Maybe the more reserved approach was the result of all that practicing, as seen in the clip above, which Twitter (naturally) had fun captioning and dubbing.
4. Surprise! Tyrese reveals that he secretly got married on Valentine’s Day. Whatta romantic! He didn’t share many details (though we did get to see the rings, eee), but the video he shared of their big day really says it all — Tyrese and his bride are very ~in love~. Congrats to the happy newlyweds!
5. The new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer dropped and it’s gonna make you want to set a countdown till the release date. Not that we have any problem with the previous trailer that pretty much only showed Baby Groot, but the HUGE reveal at the end of this one comes close. Watch above and see!
6. Quote of the day: “All you need to do is help one person, expecting nothing in return. To me, that is a humanitarian.” Rihanna’s amazingly inspiring speech as she accepted Harvard University’s Humanitarian Award was spot-on.
Do you try to help others in whatever way you can? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)