Happy Monday! It’s World Party Day today, but if you’re not feeling THAT coming off a weekend, ease into the week with our top news stories this morning, including a scary Kim Kardashian rumor, an adorable engagement, Beyoncé conspiracies, and more below.
1. After everything Kim went through last year, this is the last kind of rumor we want to see floating around the internet. Kim tweeted early this morning to clarify that, while she did get bumped into outside of an LA restaurant earlier, she was NOT attacked, as reports online were suggesting. “So @JonathanCheban just called me & asked if I was ok & read online I was attacked outside of Mr. Chow. Totally not true! Such weird rumors,” she tweeted, following it up a few hours later with the explanation, “A random guy walked near me & almost bumped into me but he hit the parking meter. Not attacked me. Hope he’s ok!” Phew. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
2. WrestleMania 33 happened on Sunday night, and fans got a fun bonus during the live event. John Cena proposed to his longtime girlfriend, fellow wrestler Nikki Bella. The proposal happened right after the couple defeated another pair in a tag team match, and if that’s not romance, I don’t know WHAT is. Check out the adorable video above. Congrats to the happy couple!
3. Beyoncé fans are once again putting on their detective hats to decipher any and all clues in her new pics. Bey released a slew of shots of herself and that baby bump looking as flawless as ever, and fans think they’re once again getting clues about her baby twins’ gender. Between all the flowers and the fact that some think her dress color is a sneaky Blue Ivy nod, some fans think the twins will be girls. Others think the blue dress means it’s a boy. Don’t tell them that the dress looks more purple than blue — who knows what that’ll mean.
4. JLo and A-Rod have taken a pretty serious step in their relationship. J-Rod looked seriously happy to be on a springtime stroll around NYC yesterday, and they happened to be joined by a very special guest: None other than JLo’s mom. That’s right — Guadalupe Rodriguez (yes, her last name is the same as A-Rod’s!) joined the new couple, and while we don’t know if this is the first time the two have met, we do know that you don’t do this unless it’s *serious.*
5. Backstreet Boys went country and TOTALLY shut down the American Country Music Awards. Everyone’s favorite enduring boy band not only performed their collaboration with Florida Georgia Line, “God, Your Mama and Me,” but they brought the house down — and everyone, including an excited Tim McGraw, to their feet — with a countrified version of their hit song “Everybody.” Here. For. It.
6. Quote of the day: “I put it on to try it on, and decided it felt too good and I didn’t want to take it off.” Sam Hunt explains the insanely adorable reason he was sporting his black qalo wedding ring on the ACM Awards red carpet even though his wedding is still a few weeks away.
What’s your #MondayMotivation today? Tweet us your inspo @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)