TGIF, y’all! From a beautiful birth announcement to a tough 20 minutes for the Jenner sisters, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. “I’m not like a regular mom, I’m a cool mom.” — Regina George’s mom in Mean Girls and now Lacey Chabert, probably. The Mean Girls star gave birth to her first child, a daughter she named Julia, last week, and posted a #TBT last night to introduce her to the world. “And then my soul saw you and it kind of went, ‘Oh, there you are. I’ve been looking for you,'” she wrote. “#TBT to the best day of my life. One week ago I became a mom to this precious angel. Julia Mimi Bella 💗 Julia, you are my heart’s deepest dream come true. I love you more than I could ever say. Welcome to this big beautiful world sweet girl!” Brb, crying!
2. Kendall and Kylie got stuck in an elevator and were rescued by the NYFD. Naturally, they Snapchatted their way through it, because that is what one does in a crisis. The sisters Jenner have been in New York for Fashion Week, and on their way to an event last night, their elevator stopped working. Kylie called it her “worst nightmare.” Together with BFFs Hailey Baldwin and Jordyn Woods, the heroes persevered, rationing a granola bar to get them through the 20-minute ordeal before firefighters pulled them from the scene.
3. Lady Gaga just dropped a fire new song and it MIGHT be about her ex. Gaga’s comeback is HAPPENING. Yesterday she released “Perfect Illusion,” and tucked inside the shiny ’80s sounds are some lyrics that just might be referencing the end of her engagement to Taylor Kinney earlier this ear. “It wasn’t love, it wasn’t love, it was a perfect illusion / Mistaken for love, it wasn’t love, it was a perfect illusion,” she belts out in the chorus. We’re sure we’ll hear a lot of this one this fall.
4. OMG: Esprit is releasing a line with Opening Ceremony. Could there be a better collab for your childhood mall-fashionista self and grown-up, slightly more mature and very nostalgic fashion-loving self? NOPE. Opening Ceremony co-founders Carol Lim and Humberto Leon’s fave childhood brand was Esprit too, and so they’ve modernized some classics to be released on Saturday, September 11. Can you get in line for a website? (h/t WWD)
5. A woman built a tiny room for her tiny chihuahua under her stairs. This isn’t exactly a new thing, as Harry Potter-inspired cupboard-under-the-stairs rooms have popped up on the Internet for years. But something about this teeny chihuahua in his teeny room is just TOO MUCH.
6. Quote of the day: “When the homie @RachaelLCook wants to have coffee, you get some damn coffee!” Freddie Prinze Jr. speaks for ALL OF US in this mini She’s All That reunion. EEEE!
When’s the last time you watched She’s All That? Let us know at @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @thereallacey)