From a secret scary health situation to a rogue Twitter account, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. Fox Sports reporter and DWTS co-host Erin Andrews has revealed that she went through cervical cancer treatment in secret, not missing work throughout. “Throughout my career, all I’ve ever wanted is to just fit in,” Andrews told Sports Illustrated. “That I had this extra baggage with the scandal (referring, of course, to her highly public civil trial when, in 2008, a stalker followed and filmed her through a tampered-with hotel door peephole), I didn’t want to be any different. I felt that way about being sick too. I don’t want players or coaches to look at me differently.” Less than a week after her cancer surgery last fall, she was back on the field to cover an NFL game. Luckily, she was soon given the all-clear. Read Erin’s full story right here while repeating the mantra, “Women are amazing.” (Photo via Christian Petersen/Getty)
2. Whatever drama the Kardashians go through, one thing remains — they are all about family, and this latest snap of adorable baby Dream serves as a reminder of that. Khloe posted the pic of her and Kylie making brother Rob and fiancée Blac Chyna’s little girl smile, which isn’t TOO surprising, given that Khloe is also known for her sense of humor. She totally looks like Rob’s twin here too: Too cute!
3. This Miss Universe contestant is NOT here for your body shaming. After facing recent social media criticism over weight gain, Miss Canada Siera Bearchell posted a series of Instagrams to clap back at the haters, detailing her struggles with dieting and body image when she was younger and highlighting all the ways she’s grown past it to become “more confident, capable, wise, humble and passionate” than ever before.”I am secure, and that’s what makes me beautiful,” she said in this final stunning selfie. “The negativity only fuels my fire to keep working on a platform that so evidently needs to be progressed.” *Praise hands emoji*
4. OMG — Margot Robbie is totally unrecognizable as Tonya Harding. Talk about a transformation! Margot was recently spotted on the set of I, Tonya, where she is already giving us serious excitement over her portrayal of controversial figure skater Tonya Harding. The movie won’t be out ’til next year, but as long as we have these on-set pics, we’re good.
5. Michael Jackson’s daughter Paris has some pretty serious claims about her father’s death. Namely, that he was murdered. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Paris says, “It sounds like a total conspiracy theory and it sounds like bullshit, but all real fans and everybody in the family knows it. It was a setup. It was bullshit.” She goes on to say that she’s worried the same thing might happen to Justin Bieber, since he’s currently “going through the motions” through a tour with the same promoter, AEG, who her father was working with at the time of his death. “They drain them dry and work them to death.” Yikes.
6. Quote of the day: “Today, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is higher than at any time in the last 650,000 years. #climate.” The Badlands National Park Twitter account caused a HUGE commotion when it went rogue and started tweeting facts about climate change, pretty obviously targeting President Trump’s administration’s views on climate change. The tweets were deleted, but a screenshot is forever.
Do you think Margot is the spitting image of Tonya? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured image via Jon Kopaloff/Getty)