Today’s top news items include some AMAZING unintentional shade from the queen Martha Stewart and a heartwarming moment between Selena Gomez and an IRL hero. Check them plus more out below!
1. Either Martha Stewart has a better social media manager than Hillary Clinton, or she just is the World’s Funniest Person. Yesterday, during the Daily Mail‘s Seriously Popular party at Cannes, Martha met Kim K’s bestie Jonathan, made, ahem, famous by his regular appearances on Keeping Up With the Kardashians. But Martha wasn’t at all familiar with him. She then TWEETED A CLOSE UP PIC OF HIS FACE AT THE DAILY MAIL to ask them who he was. “Do you know this guy? He says he is well known,” she said, and we NEED to believe this is real. The pieces were put in place soon and the two were fast friends. “I had no idea who Jonathan was because I don’t watch Kardashians,” Stewart told Mail Online. “I mean, I know who the Kardashians are; I’m a great admirer. [But] I never knew who he was, so I got to know him!” THE. BEST.
2. RORY GILMORE HUNG OUT WITH MICHELLE OBAMA. Yesterday we alerted you to the fact that FLOTUS was now on Snapchat, and already her account has delivered some amazing snaps. Alexis Bledel — aka Rory Gilmore, duh — visited the White House yesterday to support Michelle’s Let Girls Learn initiative. Of COURSE fans freaked out and hoped it might mean a presidential presence on the upcoming GG revival, but a rep for Netflix told TV Line that it was not in the cards. We’ll savor the Snap stories in the meantime.
3. Kate Middleton recycling 2011 fashions makes us rethink our closets. Yesterday, Kate and Prince William attended a charity gala in King’s Lynn, England, and Kate looked stunning (as usual) in an embellished blush pink Jenny Packham gown. But it wasn’t the first time we’ve seen her in this one — if you go back five years ago to June 2011, you’ll remember that she also wore it to the ARK 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner in London. We’re all for purging our closets regularly, but let this be a guide for next time you’re considering tossing that $5,000 dollar gown. You never know when you could wear it again! (h/t ET, photo via Stephen Pond/Getty)
4. Taylor Swift has some prettttty big plans with Tom Hiddleston. Where would we be without An Insider, truly the celebrity world’s most reliable source? E! is reporting that an insider claims Taylor thinks Tom might be *the one*. “Tom wants to be with Taylor,” this mysterious and definitely 100 percent legit insider says. They apparently “text all the time” (HELLO WEDDING BELLS), and a source even claims that “Taylor said she thinks he is the one, as odd and new as it sounds.” You can wrap this one up with a bow, folks, because An Insider wouldn’t lie!
5. This video of Selena Gomez dancing with Audrey Nethery is the best thing you’ll see today. You probably recognize Audrey from her viral “Uptown Funk” dance routine; the six-year-old is battling Diamond Blackfan Anemia, a bone marrow disorder, and has used her Internet fame to raise awareness for the disease. Most recently, she attended a Selena Gomez show and got to get down to Selena’s “Love You Like a Love Song” with the singer. “Finally got to meet this sweetheart — she owned it fully,” Selena captioned the video of their dance duet. They finish it off with a hug that’ll make your day.
6. Quote of the day: “Dear sorry body-shamers, I looked HOT in that dress. And if you hate it, don’t buy it. But please get a hobby. XOXO Ariel #EmbraceYourBody” Ariel Winter shuttttt down the trolls who were out in full force after she posted a photo of her form-flattering graduation party dress.
Do you engage with negativity online, or do you choose to tune it out? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)