From another step toward a Taylor takeover to some scary news about Kanye’s health, check out six of this morning’s top news items below.
1. The wait for a new Taylor Swift album grows ever longer, and while fans wait for more Disney performances or that rumored Drake collab, she’s gone and surprise released something else entirely: her own DirecTV channel. Called Taylor Swift NOW, Tay’s channel will be in the new streaming service DirecTV Now, which launches November 30. So what exactly is Taylor Swift NOW? AT&T is referring to it as a “video experience,” and it will feature all Taylor, all day. There’ll be original content, dives into her video archive, behind-the-scenes stuff and more. Now, about that album…
2. The latest reports on Kanye West’s health are NOT good. After learning yesterday that Kim Kardashian has been helping to feed Kanye, today an inside source tells People that he “has been very paranoid and is under constant watch for his safety.” The source went on to say that the only person Kanye trusts at the moment is Kim, which would explain why she hasn’t left his side. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
3. Pink’s daughter is practicing being a big sister in this adorable new pic. In early November, Pink took to Instagram to announce her second pregnancy with the “perfect” fall photo. In the pic, her daughter Willow can be seen hugging the growing baby bump, and in the latest snap from Pink, we can see that Willow can’t WAIT to be a big sis. “Dry runs,” Pink captioned the pic of the five year old practicing changing diapers on one of her dolls. That sound? That sound is ovaries everywhere crying.
4. Kristin Cavallari shared a moving tribute to her brother one year after his death. Days after being reported missing just over a year ago, Kristin’s brother Michael was found dead of hypothermia, and today she’s honoring his memory with a moving and personal memory.”Yesterday was the anniversary of my brothers passing,” she wrote on the close-up candid shot of him. “There hasn’t been a day that’s gone by where I haven’t thought of him and missed him. I know he is watching over me and my family though from all of the amazing signs he has given us. Love and miss you so much, Mikey.”
5. SLEIGH your office holiday party with Beyoncé’s new “ugly” Christmas sweaters. It might be a little too plain to be considered a traditional “ugly” Christmas sweater, but Beyoncé will put you in the festive spirit with this punny hoodie. It comes in red or green and is guaranteed to make you the hit of any holiday party. (Image via Beyoncé)
6. Quote of the day: “The best thing about being over 70 is being over 70. Certainly when I was 45, the idea of being 70 was like ‘Arghhh!’ but you only have two options in life: Die young or get old. There is nothing else.” Helen Mirren puts aging into pretty clear perspective in the December/January issue of AARP The Magazine.
Are you afraid of aging or do you embrace it? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Mark Davis/Getty)