From more memorable summer memes to yet another reason to love Simone Biles, check out six of today’s top news items below!
1. A man scaled the Trump Tower in NYC using giant suction cups yesterday. His name is Steve, he’s 20 years old, and apparently he’s “an independent researcher” who wanted a meeting with Trump “to discuss an important matter.” Steve managed to climb for about an hour before being apprehended by the NYPD. Almost as soon as Steve was stuck to the glass, the memes started, with people joking that it was a big week for suction cups, that he would be rewarded with quinoa and that he “watched the Olympics once.” What a time to be alive.
2. A video has surfaced of Malia smoking what appears to be a joint at Lollapalooza, which, while unconfirmed, would be a totally normal teenage thing to do. And while a large portion of critics are shaming her (and naturally her father), a surprising amount of the Internet has her back, pointing out that it’s totally harmless and that she’s going to Harvard, for crap’s sake. Let Malia live!
3. In case you weren’t already obsessed enough with Simone Biles, please note that she is wearing sparkly red, white and blue eyeliner. Simone is operating on a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL, people.
4. Katy Perry felt left out of all the Orlando Bloom shadow buzz, so she decided to flash a little cheek! As Katy and Orlando’s romantic European vacay continues, Katy shared a snap from France, where she’s got her dress hiked up to properly ride her bike. “I know it’s a little cheeky, butt…” she captioned the photo, continuing “Cycling in The ile de re, France.” We’re not even ON this vacay and we don’t want it to end!
5. “Hikea” is your favorite new Ikea hack. A new documentary webseries is showing what happens when people take drugs and try to build Ikea furniture. So far there are only two episodes, one featuring a couple who takes LSD and one featuring a man who takes shrooms. Who needs Netflix?! (h/t Fast Company)
6. Quote of the day: “Being able to share that one moment that I had with him, that was definitely something that was very special.” Michael Phelps gets emotional as he reflects on being able to share his gold medal win with his son Boomer.
Are you still watching lots of Olympics coverage, or mostly following along on Twitter? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Drew Angerer/Getty)