From one of the best Gilmore Girls teasers yet to a heroic move from Simone Biles, check out six of today’s top news items below!
1. Is this the first official hint of Jess from the GG reboot camp?! If this isn’t the most perfect nod to Jess and Rory’s relationship, I dunno what is. The pic shows a close-up of a book with “I just wanted to put some notes in the margin for you” written along the side, which is what Jess wrote to Rory in her copy of Allen Ginsburg’s Howl. As an adult we might not be so into that, but as a teen girl who doesn’t know any better? SWOOOOON.
2. Simone Biles reacted to the hackers who leaked her medical records like a BOSS. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has confirmed that Russian hackers, known as Fancy Bear, broke into its database and got the private medical records of some American athletes. Simone Biles was shown to be taking medication for ADHD, and immediately addressed it on Twitter. “I have ADHD and I have taken medicine for it since I was a kid. Please know, I believe in clean sport, have always followed the rules, and will continue to do so as fair play is critical to sport and is very important to me,” she tweeted. She went on to say that “Having ADHD, and taking medicine for it is nothing to be ashamed of nothing that I’m afraid to let people know.” Hell yes.
3. The Big Bang Theory wedding y’all have been waiting for is coming, and here are the first pics! Leonard and Penny’s nuptials have been a long time coming, and on Monday, Sept. 19, the two will wed in an episode called “The Conjugal Conjecture.” CBS has shared a few pics, and we gotta say, we do love that dress.
4. Anna Camp’s second wedding dress was a-DORABLE. Pitch Perfect‘s Anna Camp and Skylar Astin got hitched this weekend, and while Anna looked stunning in her more traditional gown for the ceremony, she donned a sassy, feathery mini number for the reception, and she looked every bit the perfect party bride. Plus those gold sneakers? Perfect. You might even say… pitch perfect. (NOT SORRY.)
5. What on this good green earth is Burger King doing to us now. Earlier this summer, BK had us all dying to try their ultimate junk food hybrid, Mac n’ Cheetos, and now they’re going to be dishing out Cheetos Chicken Fries. They’re just like regular chicken fries, only covered in Cheeto dust. Mmmmm.
6. Quote of the day: “I think there is satisfying closure for any fans of any of the three couples that tend to get some attention. But they’re very different interactions. I would say each one of them [gets] closure in a different way.” Alexis Bledel tells Us a lot and yet nothing at all about how her romantic relationships will play out in the Gilmore Girls reboot.
Who do you hope Rory ends up with? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @gilmoregirls)